Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is no contract

;) OK fellas--here's the skinny.
Once the DB has ended and the folks in the People Dept give you the good news one or both things will happen.
-If you dont have the type, then a letter is generated saying you have 6 months....blah blah blah.
---once you get the type, then the date that you receive that expensive piece of paper is the date you start swimming--note: as soon as you get it--drive it over if you are in Dallas--or Fax it to them--class dates can be cut off between people based on a single day's difference of the date of the rating and not being prompt with turning it in.
-If you came to the interview with the type, then the date of the decision board is when your water survival course begins. I don't know how they subdivide a mass of type holders here.

When class dates get scheduled with training and the GO, the People Dept will call to find out what your plans are--this is the preliminary offer of a date--repeat, preliminary. Once they know if and when you can go--the lists for each class start to get filled.

Approximately two weeks before said class date, a Chief or Ass't Chief pilot will call you to make the formal invitation. Once that is done a FedEx package will arrive within a couple of days with more goodies to be filled out and either brought with you to Day 1, or faxed/mailed in. The directions will spell it out.

There is NO CONTRACT. Remember that YOU ARE NOT AN EMPLOYEE UNTIL YOU HAVE AN EMPLOYEE NUMBER--that means sitting in the training center on day one is when are a new hire. Stranger things have happened to folks up until day one where their invite was pulled--its rare, but does happen.

So I hope this clears things up for the poolies and those looking for a towel.

Hey guys..
The dude is right on..Thats exactly how my process went..

Magic..Im very happy to see you so close..Enjoy yourself!!

Just a reminder..
If you stay at the Clarion or Comfort Suites the Raddison is just across the way and they have the SWA discount on food and the 123 rules on drinks..Saves you a few bucks on food and nice place to hang out after a rough day in the CPT..

Mike
MLBWINGBORN

The 123 rules vary from hotel to hotel..

Its generally all draft beers $1.
All bottle beer $2.
All wine $3..

Some places its bottle beer $1,wine $2,mixed drinks $3..

Some places they have specials for SWA like 2 for 1..

The food discounts are pretty good..I had a all you can eat prime rib dinner up in PDX for $9 the other day..

It really helps out the first year..

Mike
MLBWINGBORN

Latest resources

Back