• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA-AAI: Acquisition or Merger??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Easy.... there. Really, who in their right mind would want to police this message board. Its totally out of control.

Hey guys,

To DELETE and entire thread, under the guise that it was 'rolled' into another thread (which was a lie) is....crossing the line. I'm sorry, just calling like I see it.

When topics are redundant and reoccurring we often use a moderator function to "merge" the threads. When merged, they will be listed by time/date of post.

...and YES, they were merged.

On a side note, we (moderators) wouldn't need to use a "heavy hand" to moderate if the posts contained any civility. Keep that in mind when you make a post.

..and hey, where's my free t-shirt!?

Last edited:
I'm Swa- and support the mods on this guys-

I just don't see the slant- Lear has his opinions- but I don't have fault w/ what little moderating he's done. besides- they are correct, you are free to contact the webmaster to mod yourself- it sounds to me like most of the violators are stirring the pot and wrapping themselves around the axle so much that they fail to take responsibility for their own posts.

It is getting old and circular, these SLI exchanges- just let it work out and let it go.

Tranny trying to buy Midwest. They threw tons of money at them... Was the Midwest BOD stupid.... yep - then they made a deal with the devil NWA.

Wonder how it would be for the Midwest dudes, now? Better, I'm sure.

Ya know dylan.. you keep badgering the mods, or don't start posting anything but AVIATION related information, I'll suspend you for 6 freaking months..

Just because you offer nothing to this web site.. that is a TOS violation and you have been suspended before, therfor your a trouble maker here... don't think so? try me.... I am dam serious, go away as fast as you can.. right now dude
Do it. Please. This tool is a virus. Hope his real name never gets out.

Here's how it was explained to me by someone in the know: AirTran is getting bought by Southwest, period. AirTran pilots will be stapled since there is no requirement to merge the seniority lists because Southwest pilots are not represented by ALPA. Just in case ALPA continues to drag this out, Guadaloupe Holdings was formed and the former AirTran pilots will remain there until they agree to being stapled or until Southwest slowly sheds the business of Guadaloupe. Preferential interviews will be offered to Guadaloupe pilots in order to get the pilots that want to be Southwest pilots over sooner while the holdouts simply stay at Guadaloupe.

Still going strong as a super TOOL

Ok, I do see the original post by Texman on page 3 but to still throw up the 'we have too many of the same threads' is kinda weak. Just like someone pointed out, there have been similar threads for 6 months but NOW we have to start 'rolling' them.

Lear, my comment wasn't directed at you because you have stayed clear of moderating these threads. Which I thought was a good idea from the very beginning.

When topics are redundant and reoccurring we often use a moderator function to "merge" the threads. When merged, they will be listed by time/date of post.

...and YES, they were merged.

Your bias is showing.

These threads aren't being "merged". One thread is acquiring the other. Clearly the only logical to order the posts is for the acquiring thread's posts to be first, otherwise the conversation is muddled and confused.

;)

Latest resources

Back