• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA-AAI: Acquisition or Merger??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok smart azzz. Is AT merging with SWA???? After the deal is done, will this be what Eagle is to AMR? Please explain your thoughts.

Air Tran is merging with Guadaloupe Holdings, which is owned by Southwest Airlines. Guadalupe Airlines will be a wholly owned subsidiary of Southwest like Eagle is to AMR.

Air Tran is merging with Guadaloupe Holdings, which is owned by Southwest Airlines. Guadalupe Airlines will be a wholly owned subsidiary of Southwest like Eagle is to AMR.

True, but that is for tax purpose only. Then GH goes away. It is the post tranaction merger per the SEC filing, that make's the new Sub LLC. There is multiple mergers here. Why?

Yeah.....because operating a regional with the same equipment and paid less is a smart more. AMR and Delta have been trying to sell off their wholly owned airlines for years....Why you might ask? Cause it costs lots of money! There is your business answer.

True, but that is for tax purpose only. Then GH goes away. It is the post tranaction merger per the SEC filing, that make's the new Sub LLC. There is multiple mergers here. Why?

I think we all know why, but I'm not going to say it since it gets the soon-to-be Guadaloupe pilots too ticked off.

Hopefully they will pull their heads from their rears soon.

Tex,

Contact your union rep for a clarification of the process of getting to the end result. Any other info is basically hearsay.

S

I did. But correct me if I am wrong AT is not merging with SWA? Is this fact or not? I see it as FACT. They are only to be made a sub LLC. So why piss on each other if we don't really know the true business outcome.

Yeah.....because operating a regional with the same equipment and paid less is a smart more. AMR and Delta have been trying to sell off their wholly owned airlines for years....Why you might ask? Cause it costs lots of money! There is your business answer.

Ok, thanks for the sense able response. Anymore thoughts?

Rolled? Into what? Not only was it moved it was deleted and the link goes to a different thread?

Is that moderating?

What about when you roll over the original post and see part of the thread? Can that not be removed by the moderators?

Last edited:
so moderators, I'm curious, are you guys paying for your disk space by the gigabyte or terabyte?

We are having a little trouble figuring why you are moving/merging so many threads, even if they contain like info.

Also, doesn't the website make more money when more threads are opened and adds appear more often? just saying...

Good question Scoreboard.

Just sounds like a topic that they didn't want posted, so it got moved........I mean deleted.

Latest resources

Back