• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA- 90% Un-hedged through 2013

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How dare you talk bad about the "mighty" southwest.
It won't be long now before bravodude and milpilot17 start chiming in?
They might be too busy playing but smack and bent back.

Hey punk, why don't you worry about your own airline. take a look at your earnings lately.

Hey punk, why don't you worry about your own airline. take a look at your earnings lately.
Hey tough guy. I did. Nothing new there. Move along. Delta continues to lose money.
You're just starting the losses, outsourcing, stagnation.
At least with all that money you pissed away on that type rating, you now have the option to go work at westjet or volaris, rookie.

Last edited:
This forum brings back memories from the old college days. Someone like Andy writes a thoughtful, intelligent post (like the above) and I'm reminded of my micro econ class group discussion. Then someone like Scope opens their mouth and it's like the dude sitting next to me who just ripped loud ass and is laughing.

Gotta love this place.

This was probably written by the same jackasses on Wall Street who have gotten us into this financial mess. They can sit and analyze reams of complicated data that are dependent on thousands of variables that no one can predict. They don't understand anything about running a real business, making sure customers are satisfied, bills are paid on time, etc. The fundamentals of making and growing a successful business are completely foreign to them. They are all a bunch of lemmings following each other around until one of them decides to do something different and then we as end purchasers pay for their mistakes. Look at the recent history of Wally Street. They do it over and over again through arcane complicated financial practices that do nothing but make themselves wealthy. There was a recent article in Forbes asking what all of these money managers have done? The long term says you can't beat the market, look at the 10000 plus mutual funds out there, how many of them beat the average, technically only half of them. The ones that beat the market by 4% over average are probably in the 3 sigma range, which I think is only about 2.4%, if I remember my statistic correctly. I made all of those numbers up, but I have read it somewhere and if I get challenged I will find the actual numbers. You can sit and tell me about how they work in the capitalistic system providing liquidity, risk mitigation, etc but their overall greed ignored the fundamentals.

Soapbox ending.

Hit it on the nose. I thought I was reading a college level economic paper. Another Madoff wannabe.

Latest resources

Back