• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa 717

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FWIW (some may call it a form of PFT) - when I was hired at AT back in March 2001 the offer came with a 2 year 24K training contract (overnighted to my address via fedex along with other pre employment forms/info).

That’s funny I was hired at the same time. I got no such paper work.

I've been on the 737 for a while so I'm partial to Boeing, but one thing I do like is how quiet it is on the flight deck. Does anybody really care about paint schemes? If it makes money you could paint Bob Dylans all over it and it wouldn't bother me. Just no more Elton Johns please!

Pretty sad you Corndoggers don't know the history of your airline....

In 1978, Southwest operated one 727 leased by Braniff, and a total of six throughout the early 1980′s (leased from People's Express).

Actually there were 3 and they were known as the 3 little pigs. They were leased from Continental as a settlement from a lawsuit.

Funny isn't it. The guys flying that, and the Air Tran 737's didn't have to buy thier jobs like the southwest pilots did.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This argument is getting quite old, get over it. Starting to sound like little jealous babies.

Gonna have to differ with you roughneck:

There were 2 periods that SWA operated 727s. Though called the "3 little pigs", I don't believe we ever flew 3 727 concurrently.

From '79-'80, SWA leased a single 727 from Braniff (N406BN). This was part of a legal settlement. Really torqued my (then future) Braniff Flying Father-In-Law (he got over it).

The other 2 were leased from PEOPLExpress (sp?) from '83-'85. PEOPLExpress (People Express wholly owned Frontier) was/were acquired by Texas Air Group (Continental) during People's bankruptcy.

At least I think is how it went down.

Last edited:
FWIW (some may call it a form of PFT) - when I was hired at AT back in March 2001 the offer came with a 2 year 24K training contract (overnighted to my address via fedex along with other pre employment forms/info).

Did you do the RAH J4J? If so, did they require you sign their 2-year training contract? Just curious...

IMO, a training contract might be considered indentured servitude...but it ain't PFT.

The SWA 717 potential paint scheme looks good in canyon blue, but I doubt they'll be able to fit the words, "Southwest" at an angle on the tail because the tail just isn't large enough to handle it, unless you go to a smaller font size (which won't look good).

I'm guessing "Southwest" will be put horizontally on the forward part of the fuselage just aft of the L1 and R1 doors. We shall see.

Latest resources

Back