• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa 717

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny isn't it. The guys flying that, and the Air Tran 737's didn't have to buy thier jobs like the southwest pilots did.

FWIW (some may call it a form of PFT) - when I was hired at AT back in March 2001 the offer came with a 2 year 24K training contract (overnighted to my address via fedex along with other pre employment forms/info).

Funny isn't it. The guys flying that, and the Air Tran 737's didn't have to buy thier jobs like the southwest pilots did.

Funny how SWA doesn't mention anything about PFT when you apply.Just because you buy a 737 type doesn't mean you automatically get hired.

Don't worry, it won't be long before GK gets rid of them and starts furloughing AAI pilots.

Looks horrible on the 737 and even worse on the 717. Not sure it's possible to come up with a worse color scheme.

Funny how someone(DELTA) is offering early out retirements amid capacity cuts while someone else (SWA) is actively hiring.

Jealousy will get you nowhere. (our app window will open soon not to worry)

Pretty sad you Corndoggers don't know the history of your airline....

In 1978, Southwest operated one 727 leased by Braniff, and a total of six throughout the early 1980′s (leased from People's Express).

:(

I think it will look good canyon blue. Most of my time is in real Boeings, but the 717 has grown on me. I flew the baby DC-9 and it was ok, but the avionics in the 717 make it a nice aircraft to fly.

Latest resources

Back