• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA 717 to replace 737-300

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 737 Pop Top is something I know rather well. I drove THOUSANDS of rivets on -200's after the Aloha incident. I have worked on Douglas Products as well. The -300 fix will be forth coming, the tear strips/crack arrestors failing are what caught my eye. This thing will pass after the remedy is done, the problem is the down time. OR the FAA OVER re-action. 20 years ago, top notch mechanics were a dime a dozen, now, they'll probably get fixed in Juarez or something. The only thing that place was good for was the DONKEY SHOW!

There, fixed it for ya.

I wasn't even here when that happened, and I guess next you'll blame me for the Delta L1011 windshear deal in DFW years ago... But, one thing we all saw was Leno, Conan, Fallon, etc. lambast you for your "we love the skies, and it shows!!!" (Leno). Both the taxiway Mike deal and your tuna can 733 had the chance to hurt a lot of people, but yours was 6 times worse! Time to get yourself fixed.

OYS

Last edited:
Why does anyone respond to OYS? Seriously- he's beyond rational and there are a lot of guys like that- hundreds- but who cares?

I really don't give a ******************** what anyone who doesn't work here thinks about how we do business or how we fly. They speak from ignorance- the real definition, not the Internet slam. SO let him hate. It's a compliment. And the larger the anger, or more irrational the argument, the larger the compliment.

Everyone else cares abut how you maintain your planes. I may fly for another airline, but my relatives out West ask me if it is safe to fly on your planes. You have a serious PR problem right now, and yelling at me or calling me irrational for pointing out possible remedies to your obvious problems is ridiculous. Re-read your dumb post above. Talk about an idiot--- that's you. I don't hate your airline, I just hate ignorant guys like you who can't see the real problem here, your attitude. Pass the blame everyone, pass the blame....

OYS

Hahaha-

See? I told you all. Hatin is a big compliment. It's just how guys with too much ego say : "Damn, I cannot hang with this guy"

Thank you OYS, I appreciate it(!)

Agian Oys, go shoot at your watch. Wait! How about you worry about landing on the runway instead of the taxi way. If your family is worried about our planes, then they should worry about delta and its pilot's.LOL. You are a do oo sh bag. Good luck in life and all the pissing in the wind you have done on this board. Idiot!

Boeing said they were surprised that the SWA planes had cracks with so few cycles, which really deflects the blame onto the SWA pilots. Trying to keep the 15 or 20 min turn schedule, these guys slam the planes on, jam on the brakes, and make that reverse to get to the gate early. They do it all the time at LAX on runway 24R. If Boeing was surprised, maybe you should look in the mirror. And this wasn't just one plane, it was 6, right? Time to take it easy on those -300 planes

I liked it better when OYSIX was looking for a J O B.

I wasn't even here when that happened, and I guess next you'll blame me for the Delta L1011 windshear deal in DFW years ago... But, one thing we all saw was Leno, Conan, Fallon, etc. lambast you for your "we love the skies, and it shows!!!" (Leno). Both the taxiway Mike deal and your tuna can 733 had the chance to hurt a lot of people, but yours was 6 times worse! Time to get yourself fixed.

OYS

That is one lame attempt at a slam.

Latest resources

Back