• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA 3yr upgrade if...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Training department is at 110%, aint happening, would be nice, but aint happening :)

You have to see the plans for the training dept. There will be a skybridge over the parking lot ( West side of the training center) that will connect to where the second sim building will be. Currently there is a red brick building there, but we own it and will raze it.

This is due to the problem of expanding: North (we are now as close to the runway as we can get). South (obviously the road). And East (the hangar).

Yes CURRENTLY the training dept is at 110%, until the new building is complete.

I'll be in PHX till the day I retire if my plan comes together. No desire to commute anywhere else aside from maybe OAK, so I'm not planning an upgrade much before the 6.5 year mark. And even that may be optimistic.

Having too much fun in the right seat anyhow.

"I was at a retirement party when I heard the 3 yr thing, maybe some of it was beer talking."

More likely it was one of the near-dead old timers having an acid flashback!

I am not leaving the right seat until they pry my cold dead fingers off the yoke. The pay raise isn't worth the loss of quality of life.

Better way to figure it is on hiring plans, not planes.

I think you have the cart before the donkey. Number of Captain upgrades is based on airplanes in use (remember no spares so that means airplanes on the property) and Captain retirements.

Exception: Lances are for filling unforseen airplane purchases.

Whenever you hear (valid) "Hiring plans" they are based on--

(aircraft coming) - (aircraft to be retired) + (pilot retirements) PERIOD

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back