Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crjdude

Hello All,

I interviewed at SWA about 1.5 yrs ago. Turned down. I really took it hard. I have reapplied but I wonder what my chances really are. I am considering going ahead and getting the type but don't want to spend the $$ if I really have no chance.

Anyone out there who was hired on the second attempt?
Any advice is really appreciated. Thanks.

I've heard of quite a few guys getting hired on the second, third and even fourth go around at SWA.. It seems that you will have just as much of a chance as someone else in your interview group. I know how hard it can be. When I was starting at the regionals, I was turned down at the first interview that I went to, turned down at the second, then hired the third time which was the second attempt at regional #2... Put it behind you, do EVERYTHING you can do to make yourself as marketable as possible, then go in there with a smile!
S.B.

Last edited:
In my newhire class of 24, over half in the class had interviewed twice and two made it in on there third attempt. I believe that more are hired on there second try than on the first. Although that is just my oppinion.

Good luck.

My recommendations for becoming more "competitive" to get the interview & then getting hired by SWA is to get the type rating. While it is a big cost factor, the willingness to get the type will first of all get you an interview faster. Secondly it will also clearly demonstrate your eagerness to get hired by SWA. The question you have to ask yourself is "how will my package on this interview look differently than last package?" While obviously you will have had more flying experience & new LORs (important to get up to date LORs!) if you have a type sitting out there you obviously demonstrate to the DB a desire to be hired (IMHO only!!!). It isn't a deal breaker if you don't have it but if you're border-line it could be the thing to push you over to the "hired" column. The third reason to get a type is if you get hired, you will be called sooner for a class than if you're hired, told to get a type & then go out, get one & then send that in. The type date will be closer to your "out of the pool date" vs. the new app date which would be months earlier.

I realize it is expensive, a risk, a gamble. No sure things at all out there. But as others have said, SWA hires 2nd, 3rd & 4th attempts. The package you present & MOST importantly the interviews ARE KEY! Good luck & God Bless,

Latest resources

Back