• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA 29 Mar Class!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats from all of us in the Mar 15 class.

See you in Dallas and it will be our turn to host you guys/gals at the welcoming party.

AJ

Yippee!!

I got the call from Lilah yesterday! What a great Monday.

Congrats

CONGRATS!!!!!!

To All of you with future line numbers....Congrats. It is so good to check here every two weeks lately and see the happy posts. I hope you all will come back after class starts and poop up those of us still swimming with what to expect. ( Where do we dry off and What do we put on LOL). I know you all know what a wait this has been but it has been worth it, to join a premier airline like SWA. I saw airline last night and the party at OAK. They sure know how to have fun when not working. I hope to see you all at my party in May or June. I am like a kid waiting for Christmas to come.

ON THE BUBBLE

Anyone heard of anyone turning down a March 29th class. I am #75 and on the bubble for this one or the April 12th class. What is two weeks compared to 2.5 years? Congrats to the above and I'll see you one way or the other at the welcoming bash!

-LFD

FWIW

37Drvr called me yesterday afternoon to say that he had received the call for the 3-29 class. He's on a trip with no pc.

Juan

Congrats`

To all the 29 Marchers, well done & thanks for hanging in there for so long. You'll find 4000+ pilot eager to have you on board & eager to help you adjust. The training department is working hard to make the transition for all of you easy knowing it may have been awhile since you were flying but don't worry, they will work with you until you get it right.

You'll get the training package in advance for you to brush up & introduce you to the 737 & how SWA operates it. Enjoy the ride, Christmas in Mar isn't bad!!!! Take care & hope to see you in Dallas at the hotel sometime.

cheers & God Bless,

Question for Chase, et al., speaking of the training department helping us long-term poolies make the transition. For those of us who have gone 2 years (or will, by the time we get to class) since we got our type, would it be a good idea to get a refresher lesson in a 737 sim? I was entertaining the idea of heading back down to HPA for a brush up on everything, getting the feel of the airplane again.

My head has pretty much been re-acclimated back into the 1900 over the last two years. Bit of a difference from the 737, you know.

I would save your money for all the stuff you're going to buy when you get to DAL. Honestly, you'll have ample time to "refresh" your memory before you have to take any exams or answer any systems questions. You also have a procedures trainer available for use after class or weekends (the training center is open 24/7) and you can sign up for it to work on flows/checklists/callouts etc. It's also worth mentioning that the instructors are great and will be happy to cover anything you might be foggy about. Don't sweat it at all. Have fun in DAL.

Latest resources

Back