SWA - 2 questions about interview/app

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rough67 said:
How do I know if I went to SWA now that next year at this time they won't be laying off pilots..?

What Gup said....do your homework. We are a very lean/mean (some say cocky) flying machine. The practice of "Furlough" is not recognized at Southwest.

Regarding the letter of resignation... Looking at my records, when I sent SWA my acceptance of their offer(in writing as requested), they also requested a copy of my resignation letter, and a number they could fax it to.

I'll second this quote from maxpwrset. I went through class a few weeks ago, and they asked me to give them a copy of my resignation letters for them to fax. I have no idea if they were actually sent, but the fact is they could have been and that's okay with me.

Rough67, I can sympathize somewhat. Even though I doubt I'd ever leave SWA for another airline, and SWA has always been my long term career goal, I would prefer not to resign until I have to. It's kinda like the most useless things to a pilot: runway behind you, air in the tanks, and "giving up a chance of a recall before retirement." I also know and have known it's a good calculated risk to be a newhire at SWA (understatement!), and a pilot furlough from SWA is quite unlikely any time soon (if I say "never" then Murphy will have fun with me again).

Good luck to all, and Happy New Year!

Latest resources

Back