Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Iced_up

Platinum member
I have not been on the jump seat with SWA since before September. Are they allowing other 121 carriers to ride? I know that it would be in the back for off line jump seaters. Any info would be greatly appreciated. It would cut my commute significantly. Thanks

Yes ... we are ... provide your airline code (or name) and I'll see if your are on the list ...

I think there are only a few FAR135 carriers on the list post 9/11.

do a search....this one has been covered in depth including the number you need to call to "list"...

If you're on our list, (it's a big list) you can ride. The big problem is that you can't sit up in the cockpit any more. That means you can only ride if there is an empty seat in the back, and your priority will be after pretty much everyone (as opposed to only having to worry about another pilot getting there first). Also, there are only normally two "slots" for jumpseaters (and one for the 4th flight attendant seat, which you should be able to ask for). America West (and I think one other) have reciprocal agreements with us where we can take as many jumpseaters as there are empty seats. Some of the planes only have one jumpseat, so the number of allowable jumpseat slots would only be one (plus the 4th FA seat).

One "trick" you can try if you see another SWA pilot trying to jumpseat is to ask him if he'll fly on a pass instead so you can have the jumpseat slot. That way if there are enough seats, you won't get bitten by the "two jumpseaters only" rule.

Latest resources

Back