Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:) Hope this helps,

- Type rated: 7 Oct 2001
- Application sent in: 8 Oct 2001 (hand delivered)
- Letter of "We got your app, be patient": 15 Oct 2001

- Called for interview: 8 January 2002
- Interviewed: 11 Feb 2002
- D.B. : 13 March 2002 (Maybe)

So, as you can see.... As a post Sept. 11 guy it took 3 Months for them to call, and 4 months for the interview. Not bad, considering the circumstances.

By the way, I know SWA as of the beginning of Feb. changed the wording to their application on their website. It now says that SWA will consider applications on a "competive" basis or something like that. Does anyone out there know what this means?? If so, then somebody who has 4 billion hours of PIC time in the 737 might get preference over the guy who barely meets the mins. This might be the reason why that one guy mentioned earlier in this thread got the call so quick. But then again... I don't know.

As one in waiting, a ray of hope..

Looking through the posts and the pool, military have one up on the civilians.
My guy is typed and has been for years, but I see in the pool there are a LOT of military guys getting the call before the type, so they seem to be in the better end of the wait. (And I see the reason logic and fairness there. Just a bit harder on older guys out in the really bad market.)
Anyone else see any noticible trends to tide us through the walks out to the mailboxes while listening to the phones NOT ring?
Timewise, it appears the wait from interview to paycheck could run up to 6 months? Is that a trend I notice?

Last edited:
Re: As one in waiting, a ray of hope..

Flyboysgal,

Actually SW has one of the quickest processing times of any carrier. I remember applying to United in '95 and they got back to me all right - 2 1/2 years later! (That's a whole other story). At SW if you meet the minimums you will almost certainly get an interview in a reasonably timely fashion. You cannot say the same for any other airline out there that I know of.

Latest resources

Back