• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Suspected Sleeping go! (Mesa) Pilots Fired"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have several two minute turns there and one one-minute turn...

nice try, unless the passengers hurled themselves out of the door as you rolled by the ramp.

Yeah dispatch called the ground station about that too. The W&B was done before landing, got a through clearance from Center before landing. No one deplaned or boarded, didn't take on any fuel, left #2 running, shut #1 down, FO got out, walked around the airplane, got back in, FO made sure all the pax were still seated, then shut the door and jumped back in his seat, agent pulled the chocks and took off again checked back in with center who said wow you guys were off freq for only 6 mins from the frequency change.

So why did they both nod off? One possible factor. We've learned they flew together 2 days before and on those flights, the autopilot on the plane wasn't working. So they had to use manual controls.

Are you f-ing kidding me?!?!

Yeah dispatch called the ground station about that too. The W&B was done before landing, got a through clearance from Center before landing. No one deplaned or boarded, didn't take on any fuel, left #2 running, shut #1 down, FO got out, walked around the airplane, got back in, FO made sure all the pax were still seated, then shut the door and jumped back in his seat, agent pulled the chocks and took off again checked back in with center who said wow you guys were off freq for only 6 mins from the frequency change.

Unless I completely missed something, what is the point of landing if no pax ever change and no fuel is uploaded?

Unless I completely missed something, what is the point of landing if no pax ever change and no fuel is uploaded?

You've never experienced the farce that is the Essential Air Service program, eh?

At my last employer (not Mesa), we were hounded about completing those flights, often flying in and out completely empty in order to keep receiving the gub'mint cheese. On one city pair (Utica, NY, to JFK), we received over $1.1 Million a year in subsidy to fly virtually empty, while the passengers in Utica drove the 55 miles to Syracuse for the cheaper jetBlue flight. (The UCA subsidy finally ended a few years ago, I'm happy to report.)

The irony was that the pilots would drive from Syracuse to Utica to operate the (empty) flight, while the passengers would drive in the other direction. It would be funnier if I wasn't the poor bastard driving to Utica at 4am! :eek:

As a taxpayer, I was and still am astonished that the EAS program is still in place in a "deregulated" market. If your community can't sustain even a 19-seater, you don't get air service. That was the whole point of deregulation, no?

You really are an idiot.

arent you glad he holds the same level of reasonable doubt for the ex-aloha/ex-indy pilots he hates as he does for sleeping pilots?

he's on the verge of believing in UFO's just so he can claim the go guys might have been abducted. yet he's willing to take it all the way with "unnamed source" = ex-aloha/ex-indy.

bah.. integrity is over rated anyway.

bah.. integrity is over rated anyway.
But anonymous internet idiocy in certainly not...

Ps. D8D, I've almost caught your post total. :beer:

Latest resources

Back