• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SUS opening

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The thread was about working at Aero Charter not a regional airline. But I can't imagine if you were offered employment with Aero Charter you would even consider going to a regional airline. If you read my original post I said the pay started off low but moved up fast. I never saw anything less then a 25% pay increase after probation and getting qualified on other aircraft. Can you get that at any regional airline?

i wasn't saying regionals where better than Aero Charter - i was simply asking a question. Take you aggression out on someone else. sheesh...

I'm not at a regional so i'm not 100% sure about pay, but i've heard you start out around $23K on the jet and upgrade in 2-3 years to Captain which I think is around $50-60K. (can anyone at a regional confirm or correct those numbers?) Also have 401k and insurance..

Back when I was a CFI out at SUS and looking for my first "real" job, Aero Charter started you out in the Baron and SIC in the BE200, then moved you up to the Sabre. Is that still the way it progresses?

Pay at Comair (current pay cut rates):

First year - $25k
Second - $32; +/-

I have been here for 7 years making $65k +/-. I am quiting to get out of aviation, so somebody else can have my spot. :)

The ONLY benefit for flying for a regional/major is the jumpseat. Non-rev benefits - WORTHLESS!

Pay at Comair (current pay cut rates):

First year - $25k
Second - $32; +/-

I have been here for 7 years making $65k +/-. I am quiting to get out of aviation, so somebody else can have my spot. :)

The ONLY benefit for flying for a regional/major is the jumpseat. Non-rev benefits - WORTHLESS!

No. It is substantially higher starting pay than that these days. We have guys that upgrade to PIC status in the jet within 18 months.

401k, profit sharing, medical, dental. Very good package for a smaller-size company.

I do not see any time requirements either.
Does anyone know if they take low time Commercial Pilots that are mature and personable. I know stability and personality are as important as "hours" are.
What are their domiciles?
They sound like a good company to work for.

I've heard they hired a bunch of guys that then quit all of a sudden. Anyone have any info on that?

We had two pilots leave....one went to Alaska Airlines (he's originally from SEA and was with us for 5 years).

The other is starting his own trucking company and wants to devote all of his time to that.

We recently started three new guys and may be looking for more.

No. It is substantially higher starting pay than that these days. We have guys that upgrade to PIC status in the jet within 18 months.

401k, profit sharing, medical, dental. Very good package for a smaller-size company.

So what does PIC in that POS Sabreliner pay?

So what does PIC in that POS Sabreliner pay?

POS? Obviously you haven't flown a 65 model....it's outfitted with the latest Honeywell MFD/Radar and with WX uplink. Nice to have during these summer months.

Since that you have the attitude that you do against that airplane, I will not waste my time letting you know. Maybe somebody that cares will find out.

It IS higher than you think....especially for a 135/mgmt company.

Latest resources

Back