Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Surrendering a certificate? Straight to ATP?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Either way you converted military to civilian. Your training syllabus obviously covered those manuevers and procedures for a PVT, INST, and COMM in the civilian world.
Granted. I was simply pointing out that statements from nosehair:
You have to have a private to get a commercial and so on...
and Rally
Yea [sic] your [sic] right you need to hold a private pilot before the commercial
were not true if you could qualify under 61.73 (Military Aviators).

First off, does surrendering one's certificates have an impact on the violation process?

Not really, I'll explain later....

Second, isn't there something along the way that asks if you've ever held FAA certificates prior?

Again, explain later....

In other words, I don't believe it's the "certificate" that gets the violation...it's the "airman" ("airperson"?)

Bingo, give David a cigar....

Fly safe!

David

I'll throw in my 2 cents here...

The Einforcement (Legal) process can be against a Certificated Airman, Air Carrier, Repair Station, etc. or a Non certificated person (example: Drunk or violent Passenger). And this can go to the local/state/or other federal agency depending where and what happened.

Does giving up your ATP stop the enforcement process... Yes and no. The yes part maybe only a switch to a 44709 (your ability as an airman may be in question because of accident, insident, etc.) or civil penility (money fine, starts around $10,000 per violation. Remember could be $10,000 for each flight of the violation) instead of certificate action. The FSDO could decide the ATP was enough and complete the enforcement action with the surrender - does not happen often.

The NO part is the enforcement goes against the airman anyway.

I only know of two sure ways to stop an enforcemet: death of the airman or not enough proof for the lawers (and this could be temporary).

Latest resources

Back