Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Archer

student pilot forever
I just stumbled on this website of a flight school in AZ that does "accelerated trainig" and I was amazed...

the website is: http://www.shebleaviation.com

PP/ASEL ----------> 15 days
PP/ASEL-IA ------> 10 days
CP/ASEL-IA ------> 2 DAYS!!! (dual training pre-requisite)
CP/AMEL-IA------->2 days
CFI/CFII/MEI------> 12 DAYS!!! (ALL THREE!)
ATP------------------>2 days

So you could go from not knowing a thing about flying...to ATP with 43 days of training, and some flight time requirements? Well, I'm guesisng they require 1500 tt for the ATP...since they don't state anything... but still...how do you get an IR in 10 days? or all the flight instructor licences/ratings in 12 days? I don't understand...

Archer

They take it for granted you've done all the self study, and completed the written ahead of time. They don't intend to teach you anything except durring the flight. For each rating expect +1 month of study.

They are most likely a "Part 161 Flight school" in which case they don't have the regular requirements other pilots do. For example, if you want to go from PPL to Inst. you don't need 50 hours of cross country time, you could just go right in.

Anyways, good luck on the 352 exam!

Delta3, I'm still trying to figure out who you are...that took me by surprise again :D

Yeah, 352 is going horrible...I'll need all the luck I can have...

did you mean Part 141 school? They still do require 250 tt for Commercial and 50 PIC x/c for Inst...so I don't think they are 141...

Come on. Be real. Those times (highly optimistic and not including self-study) are assuming that the person has well experienced with the previous rating etc. To get an ATP you must have 1500 hours of flying experience. Yea, I got an ATP in a couple of days . . . but I also had 3000 hours of heavy jet time in the military and did about a month of self-study prior.

I understand that they expect you to know all the theory, as they expect you to have done the writtens...

but how can you have experience for your Private? and that is 18 days...

then 50 x/c, and you can do the IR in 10 days...

I don't know...it still seems messed up

Archer

Sheble's

There is accelerated flight training, and there is accelerated flight training. Sheble's is not the place to take a Private. For one thing, the fifteen days for the Private assumes flying at least twice a day. The bigger assumption is you can learn it all in fifteen days and within course times. Most people aren't such quick studies. Most people need more than course times to finish their ratings. That's a whole lot of new learning and new concepts to absorb in a very short time. You are likely to lose it as fast as you got it if you don't keep flying and because it is very superficial learning and you've haven't reached complete understanding of it, you're more likely to develop bad habits. You're better off going slower and giving yourself the opportunity to let each new concept sink in.

Now, Sheble's isn't a bad place to go for your ATP. I went there for mine when he was in Blythe. I know personally of at least one other person who went there for it. But, getting the ATP is not the same as learning to fly. By 1500 hours, you ought to know how to fly and be good at it, too. You also have to walk in prepared. In my case, I had a friend who had gone there for his multi in the Duchess. He gave me his notes. I practiced the BLH approaches in our Riddle sims. All they do is give you some sim and a flight. The next day, the briefest of orals, a flight and a sim. You're out with your new ATP in less than 24 hours.

Keep Sheble's in mind for your ATP. In the meantime, work on your ratings the regular way.

PS-There are a number of 10-day courses for Instrument. Professional Instrument Courses is one. Again, that's a lot of learning to absorb in a short period of time. The instrument rating is really the essence of professional flying and you need to acquire and hone your instrument skills early, and well.

One other thing. Be careful with these accelerated courses. I heard of one earlier this year where several graduates were 609'd (709'd), meaning they had to be re-examined for the rating by the FAA. Apparently, there were some improprieties regarding how they were examined for VOR approaches. You usually get what you pay for.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back