• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Super senior Regional Airline pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What kind of schedules go super senior at ASA, like what this '79 hire would bid? Turnarounds?

As far as I know when he got hired there were 3 total pilots, so he's never been lower than #3. Pretty much whatever he wants whenever he wants. I've never flown with him so I personally don't know what he bids.

I don't think Eagle has the most senior... I believe they started up in '84.

Mesaba... 60 years?? Wow!! I had no clue. So when was the most senior guy hired?

66 years on the july 4th weekend! We're old!

Speaking of Mesaba... When did the BAE 146s leave the property? That was a cool ride!

Technically they were designated AVR-146, Air Wisconsin was the last US company to operate the BAE146 version.... As for when they left, the last flight was out of the DTW base on December 4, 2006. (it came in with 6 write ups thanks to it being flown by one of the "infamous" captains at the company, you can't miss him if you hear him on the radio.)

4 on 3 off... dang that sux... I asked b/c at ACA the top senior guys would bid nothing but turns, home every night. wasn't sure if all airlines had those.

I was mostly trying to make a joke. If he is #3, he can hold 3-on, 4-off. However, we have people here with plenty of seniority flying 4-on, 3-off all month long.

Maybe somebody with more knowledge can share the breakdown of our lines to give you a better idea of how quickly they turn into 4-on, 3-off.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back