Super Hornet scores guns kill on Raptor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fury220 said:
The culture of "where's the boat?" and "nice trap, dude!" translates to good warfighting skills?

How does this work?

Pretty much, that plus ......'I like getting below 15,000 ft AGL so I can get a better ordinance palcement on the bad guys and support the troops who need the CAS I provide."

Ask any ground guy who has requested fast-response air support. In the absence of A-10s, it is the Navy and Marine pilots who really thrive on getting there fast and getting down in the fight.

The AF guys are all about following established AF doctrine and staying way up high so they won't be called 'cowboys' by their commanders.

Marines don't fly Supers...

The phonebooth question... better would be can a Raptor stay inside with the Super...

And final question is how many times was the Super killed BVR by the Raptors before this position. As far as the TR violation and it being "invaled." That may be so, but the fact remains he's inside him with pipper on.

However the spike at his 6 makes me wonder what else is going on. A picture says a lot, but it def. dosen't tell the entire story.

DaveGriffin said:
Pretty much, that plus ......'I like getting below 15,000 ft AGL so I can get a better ordinance palcement on the bad guys and support the troops who need the CAS I provide."

Ask any ground guy who has requested fast-response air support. In the absence of A-10s, it is the Navy and Marine pilots who really thrive on getting there fast and getting down in the fight.

The AF guys are all about following established AF doctrine and staying way up high so they won't be called 'cowboys' by their commanders.

Dave...this is getting ridiculous. Give it up. You don't know AF doctrine any more than you know SEAL doctrine. When it comes to CAS, you have no credibility and no knowledge of how it's done. Let it go already.

DaveGriffin said:

Ya.. until you sit a dude with a MANPAD on a 15K foot mountain and now he's got a 25K foot stick to reach you with.

And the Marine comment... man that's just retarded. And I'll respect the Marines till the day I die.

MAGNUM!! said:
Dave...this is getting ridiculous. Give it up. You don't know AF doctrine any more than you know SEAL doctrine. When it comes to CAS, you have no credibility and no knowledge of how it's done. Let it go already.

My man MAGNUM!!

The view from below always differs from the view from above.

Think what you want, the guys on the ground prefer Navy/Marine air support. That's just the way it is. The AF pilots are prima donna frat boys and the Navy/Marine pilots are street fighters.

Note: Except for Sig600, a total a'hole, who is an alternate lifestyle dude, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
MAGNUM!! said:

Heh. I think it's funny. Whenever SEAL guys come to Hurlburt I'll ask about our favorite flightinfo imposter and invariably the response is always "Dave who? Nope, never heard of him."

DaveGriffin said:
My man MAGNUM!!

The view from below always differs from the view from above.

Think what you want, the guys on the ground prefer Navy/Marine air support. That's just the way it is. The AF pilots are prima donna frat boys and the Navy/Marine pilots are street fighters.

I was a Marine infantryman and later a Marine tanker. Worked with Marine, Army, and Air Force CAS. Can't say there's anything on earth like seeing an A-10 do its thing.

Who flies those again?:rolleyes:

P.S. I've never seen a squid kiss so much jarhead ass in all my life. What gives? :erm:

Training Rules, Schmaining Rules.

Is it still 1000' dissimilar? The first frame shows 1000' exactly with BATR cue on the target. Slight overshoot and KIO for TR's if they didn't brief 500' (we always used 500' bubble Navy v Navy). Either way, nice shootin' Tex.

That's what happens when you're so confident in your BVR capability (which I'm sure they slayed BVR if they had PHID). You lose the BFM skills. The Hornet/Super is tough to beat in the phone booth if you (Hornet) can keep the pressure on. (Cue chest thumping) I've seen a lot of Eagles/Vipers/German Migs in the front window.

Jafar said:
I was a Marine infantryman and later a Marine tanker. Worked with Marine, Army, and Air Force CAS. Can't say there's anything on earth like seeing an A-10 do its thing.

Who flies those again?:rolleyes:

P.S. I've never seen a squid kiss so much jarhead ass in all my life. What gives? :erm:

Sorry to dissapoint you with praise from a squid. But that is my experience with the USMC. I have great respect for our young men who deal with the jihadists on a daily basis and take them out. Am I wrong?

The AF is more interested in their self-preservationm doctrine than they are about supporting the Grunts.

The A-10 guys are hot sh*t, but the AF is getting rid of them because the mission is not high-tech (like the F-22).

Last edited:
DaveGriffin said:
The A-10 guys are hot sh*t, but the AF is getting rid of them because the mission is not high-tech (like the F-22).

You're full of sh!t. The A-10 is getting upgraded avionics and engines.

The A-10C.

For a poser, you sure are entertaining.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back