Sunglasses

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gorilla said:
$10 non-polarized UV blockers from the Kwik-E-Mart.

I second that. I would either lose or break my expensive pair of sunglasses while working, so I decided to go with cheap ones.. Most guys think I'm wearing expensive glasses. The best part is that they work just as good.

Bolle Limit's for three years now. They have a pretty nice line of metal framed glasses. Mine are polarized and prescription. Nice big lenses that wrap around a little and keep out all the light. I've abused em pretty good and had to get a new frame, but it was under warranty for two years I think. Its more about fit and function for me, rather than lookin like Blade: Vampire Hunter. They even have some "aviators" for you topgunners.
http://www.bolle.com/performance_eyewear/metals.cfm

Last edited:
FR8mastr said:
That's funny you call the Ray bans the "super cool" glasses for dorks and yet you said how cool it would be for the pax to see you in your sammies. So basically if you wear Ray Bans you only think your cool but if you wear the sammies, or any other of the million kinds of black plastic wrap around glasses along with every other new gen. pilot you really are cool. Is that about it? Also if you wear the little string to hold the glasses on, is that cool or not?

No, if Ray's are your style then whatever. I just couldn't believe that someone had to ask a stupid question like this because they were afraid of their unprofessionalism with another pair of glasses. And by the way their is a knockoff brand of Ray's called "Super cool pilot glasses" saw them in an Airport once.

I guess my point was, BE YOURSELF, wear your style not someone elses.:beer:

Get a pair of Smith's... Built like a tank, hard to scratch lenses, and they are very very clear. I'll never go back to Oakley's after buying a pair of Smiths

BoDEAN said:
Thanks. Any style Serengeti's will work?
just get one that has a "Drivers" lens, which are basically 90% of the models. those lens are the one that give you the benefits everyone is talking about. then it is preference for style and coverage of the lens, some have smaller lens which let in a lot of light from the side vs. a larger lens or a more wrap around style.

I wear Serengeti VIA VENETO Drivers.

Last edited:
Another BIG thumbs up on Serengeti's....cut through the distant haze to see runways earlier, yet light enough to see the instruments in the cockpit with ease....and, they're very easy on the eyes.

Oakleys... I have the A-wires and have been really happy with them - especially during day-instrument approaches.

I've tried the Serengeti's, but just haven't been as impressed with the style of the glasses or the view through the lenses.

http://oakley.com/o/o1245d

Latest resources

Back