• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sunglasses

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Serengeti. Either the drivers' lenses or the rose-colored lenses. Awesome cloud contrast. On a hazy day, you will see the runway long before the other person in the cockpit with you if they do not have Serengetis also.

I agree about the polarized lenses. I used to wear polarized Revos. In most planes, the laminated windshield will make rainbows in front of you if you use polarized glasses. It's manageable, but a nuisance.

If you have a Costco membership, they have good prices on Serengetis and Maui Jims. But I think all the Maui Jims they sell are polarized.

serengeti, got mine at Sams club, they also have them at Wal mart. You can try any sunglass shop in the mall or a sporting goods store.

I always buy Serengetis on eBay. They usually go for between $35-45 albeit they may be slightly older models.

serengetis, go for the rose colored lenses. the optics are superior, and in many dim light situations i feel like they increase the usuable light, as previously mentioned. run on sentence over!!

I thought you were considered a dork if you wore shades....or was that backpacks? I can't remember. I do both. Oh well.

Seriously, Serengetis are the way to go. I got mine at Costco for 99 bucks new.

Professionalism often doesn't doesn't mix with comfort though it's not always black and white, more like gray as in lenses. If you want some ultra comfortable very reasonably price sunglasses that work great for flying, golfing, running, etc., then try Nike Interchange. You can switch out lenses depending on light conditions and they completely wrap around blocking out all light angles. Normally $100, this place has consistly sold them for half that....

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?memberId=12500226&productId=39185493

I personally don't like heavy pilot hats weighing down my head and don't like heavy sunglasses weighing down on my nose. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back