Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SEVEN

Information for Prospective Pilots 2/15/2007

Thank you for your interest in a career with Sun Country Airlines. If you meet the minimum qualifications listed below, please submit a current resume to [email protected].
Minimum Qualifications
? 2000 hours total fixed wing pilot time (Military time adjustment +0.25 hours/sortie).
? 500 hours multiengine fixed wing Pilot in Command.
? Commercial Multiengine Instrument.
? Air Transport Pilot Multiengine Certificate or meets Air Transport Pilot experience requirements.
? No Centerline Thrust Restriction.
? Four Year Degree (Preferred).
Please note: Sun Country Airlines will contact qualified applicants directly and will hold resumes for up to six (6) months. We are unable to provide informative interviews. Applicants requiring confirmation of receipt should send resumes via certified US mail to:

Sun Country Airlines
Attn: Office of Chief Pilot
1300 Mendota Heights Rd
Mendota Heights, MN 55120

Hi!

If SC was hiring 5 years ago, I think they'd do great. But, with the current hiring situation, I wonder if they'll have trouble with their lower pay.

I was considering them,but the pay just seems relatively low, with potentially very long upgrades. Is there something about SC that makes them great to fly for that I don't know about?

Thanx!

cliff
YIP
PS-I would've applied for them some years back, but they weren't hiring.

Also, 2 things to be weary of if applying.
1. Good chance of Furlough
2. A long and tedious fight up the list for upgrade.

Pay is now in line with other carriers, since they all took pay cuts on contracts and we got a pay raise on our last contract. I was talking with one of my NWA friends and I made actually a bit more than him, granted he was on reserve, but we are competitive now. Upgrade took me a long time, but rumor is they want to grow and upgrades will now go much faster. SCA is a great place to work especially if you live in MSP, but even most of our commuters like it here too.

Pay is now in line with other carriers, since they all took pay cuts on contracts and we got a pay raise on our last contract. I was talking with one of my NWA friends and I made actually a bit more than him, granted he was on reserve, but we are competitive now. Upgrade took me a long time, but rumor is they want to grow and upgrades will now go much faster. SCA is a great place to work especially if you live in MSP, but even most of our commuters like it here too.

So what are their "Competitive Minimums"?

Appreciate any info!

Flt Times and how much PIC Jet/TProp required? Any other info you want to add.

Thanks!

I think the first post covers most of it. I think they want to see 500 to 1000 pic turbine or turbo prop. I have recurrent on Monday and Tuesday. I will check with the C.P. I'll get back to ya.

Latest resources

Back