• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Summer here at CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you really sick? If not, FU and thanks a lot! Now some reserve like me who has next to no work rules will end up having to fly that trip. Its easy to say things suck here at CAL as a junior line holder because they do. But you have no freaking clue what suck really is unless your on reserve here at CAL, under this current contract, with our current lack of staffing. Thanks for being part of the problem. When I get double pumped or have my days rolled I know I have guys like you to thank for it!

and you my friend have no idea how much it sucks being furloughed right now, just waiting to see if we merge with UAL and get 1400 guys put in front of us. i know its all relative, but I would take your spot on reserve any day over my position. next time you feel the need to talk about how bad you have it, remember the position myself and my fellow furloughed pilots are in, and then ask yourself if you really have it that bad.

i only say that to make the point that life shouldn't go on as usual when there are people on the street. seeing rumors of us in merger talks again has highlighted how $hitty our position is right now, and it would be nice to know that my fellow pilots who were lucky enough to be hired before me would consider how it would feel in our shoes. i know there are plenty of people on here that I could send this same message to, and normally i just blow this stuff off. however, i am a bit less tolerant given today's news.

and you my friend have no idea how much it sucks being furloughed right now, just waiting to see if we merge with UAL and get 1400 guys put in front of us. i know its all relative, but I would take your spot on reserve any day over my position. next time you feel the need to talk about how bad you have it, remember the position myself and my fellow furloughed pilots are in, and then ask yourself if you really have it that bad.

i only say that to make the point that life shouldn't go on as usual when there are people on the street. seeing rumors of us in merger talks again has highlighted how $hitty our position is right now, and it would be nice to know that my fellow pilots who were lucky enough to be hired before me would consider how it would feel in our shoes. i know there are plenty of people on here that I could send this same message to, and normally i just blow this stuff off. however, i am a bit less tolerant given today's news.

Your absolutly right. Thank you for putting things in perspective.

Hey skywdriver, hope you guys get back soon, we do talk a lot about it on trips, no one has forgotten. I voted to keep the insurance thing going and I see it passed hope every little bit helps and hope we get you back soon, god knows we could use the extra pilots back on line.

Thanks for the last 3 posts, I appreciate the words of encouragement. If there is a merger, scope relief on seats should not be a negotiating point, it should not even be considered. If the merger is worth so much in synergies, then they can pay UAL/CAL pilots to fly whatever size jets they see the need to put in the system. That is the only chance that UAL has to get back what they had taken away from them in BK court.

Latest resources

Back