• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sully Sullenberger!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would he mention the FO? Didn't he immediately take control, keep talking on the radio and not run checklists?

Who needs an FO?

Listen to the transcript. The FO was busier than Sully doing checklists and trying to restart. It was a two man operation all the way. Of course he took control because he was the captain and needed the FO to try to restart plus the alternative landing spots in the left turn were on his side. Sully never took anything away from his FO and the crew in back. He needed to make a visual assesment of what to do and couldn't read a checklist at the same time.

Listen to the transcript. The FO was busier than Sully doing checklists and trying to restart. It was a two man operation all the way. Of course he took control because he was the captain and needed the FO to try to restart plus the alternative landing spots in the left turn were on his side. Sully never took anything away from his FO and the crew in back. He needed to make a visual assesment of what to do and couldn't read a checklist at the same time.

and sully had thousands of hours in the 320 while skiles was just off IOE on it....coming off all those years in early model 737's he was probably still thinking what the hell are all these buttons for haha

Well- I have seen "sully" in a LOT of interviews.. I don't think I ever saw him give any credit to anyone else...

Just keep in mind that good 'ol Sully owns a safety consulting firm... He sure wouldn't want anyone to upstage him-heck that could be bad for business.

crj- Sully on multiple occassions stopped interviewers questions and tried to deflect it off of himself.... specifically pointing out that there are 2 pilots in the cockpit and multiple crewmembers in the back as well.

The media is like a bunch of lemmings and just want a story and a hero or villain.

I flew a jet with the autothrottles mel'd and the F/O did not back me up one time...&uck em...Captain is the man!!

Latest resources

Back