• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sully on CNN now...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sullenberger, who was hailed as a hero for successfully landing the flight, also testified Tuesday before a House subcommittee, telling lawmakers the state of the airline industry is in disarray.
"Americans have experienced huge economic difficulties in recent months, but airline employees have been experiencing those challenges and more for eight years," Sullenberger said. "We've been hit by an economic tsunami, September 11, bankruptcies, fluctuating fuel prices, mergers, loss of pensions and revolving door management teams who have used airline employees as an ATM."
Sullenberger expressed concern the economic decline has hit the airline industry so hard that "the airline piloting profession will not be able to continue to attract the best and the brightest."
"I do not know a single professional airline pilot who wants his or her children to follow in their footsteps

Now ALPA, APA, SWAPA and any other pilots union out there should be taking this opening and running full steam forward.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that would be irresponsible to not capture.

ALPA...taking this opening... full steam forward...hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...stop it your killing me...hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...no really stop it...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

ALPA is F-ing useless!

I vote we start the Sullyapa Union - I'm in. This guy is representing all pilots as well as anyone possibly could. Thank you Capt!!!

Come to think of it...and not to start anything here...but he is a USAPA member. Pretty impressive show from them towards all pilots.

Thank you sully! Sully for ALPA president!

Come to think of it...and not to start anything here...but he is a USAPA member. Pretty impressive show from them towards all pilots.

Over 25 years in ALPA and involved as Safety Committee Member. 18 months in usapa with no involvement.

I wonder where he developed his perspective and eloquence?

In any case - its not the organization - its the members. Every airline has its shares of quality individuals and pilots - and those of less quality. Only the percentages change. Once you get more than a few airlines under your belt it will become clearer.

I don't know. But if your trying to say that his perspective and eloquence is a function or result of being involved with alpa. I think I'll go barf now. Why don't you send him an email and ask what part alpa played in creating the man he is today?

Latest resources

Back