• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sulley

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the eyes of the law, uSAPa is a union. In the eyes of a trade unionist, uSAPa is a joke.

Coming from an ALPA slurper, thats a complement!:beer:

It is a poetic oxymoron, ALPA's most treasured principle, ... ALPO RULE #1: No vote can be allowed that might rejet the ALPO gods.

This notion that a self-described "trade unionist" (YOU) would show scorn for a democratically elected union is the epitome of ALPA principles. A supreme compliment indeed!:D

You just described uSAPa's entire reason for existence.

Your apparent affection for the Nicolau list adds to the confirmation of your misguided love of ALPA, in spite of their poetic contradictions that speeded their ousting. My sympathies to your jaded estate.:blush:

The ALPA approved SLI was outsourced. Beware of reading too quickly... ALPA outsourced the seniority list integration of its own members. What a contradiction.. A so-called "union" outsourcing its very seniority list. A "trade union"? Ha!

Do tell.. for which reason would you sing ALPA's praises? ..outsourcing seniority integration, or for vigorous obstruction of the membership right to vote? :blush:

You just described uSAPa's entire reason for existence.

The American pilot who was jumpseating on this flight seems to have good things to say about USAPA....USAPA even took care of her....Maybe you need to take your ALPA goggles off for just a moment and look around....

Capt Sully Honored In CA

Pilot who landed jet in Hudson honored in Calif

By STEVE LAWRENCE, Associated Press Writer

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

(02-17) 13:55 PST Sacramento, CA (AP) --

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger says the US Airways pilot who safely landed his plane in the Hudson River last month is a "great international hero, a national hero and a California hero.

"There is a big difference between a movie hero — yes, I've done many movies — and a real hero, and this is a real hero," Schwarzenegger said as about 200 people cheered and waved small California flags during a ceremony in the Capitol rotunda honoring Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger.
Schwarzenegger, who starred in such movies as "The Terminator" and "Total Recall" before becoming governor, said he marveled that Sullenberger had only two minutes to land his Airbus A320 in the Hudson after it was struck by geese and lost power shortly after taking off from LaGuardia Airport on Jan. 15.
"It takes me more than two minutes to pick my tie every morning," Schwarzenegger said.
He said California legislators struggling to pass a $42 billion budget-balancing plan that includes $14.4 billion in tax increases could use Sullenberger as an example.
"The Legislature upstairs needs a great hero in the state Capitol," he said.
The governor presented Sullenberger with a black jacket with a state seal on the front, a California flag that had flown over the Capitol and a license plate with the words "California Hero" on it.
Sullenberger, who lives in the San Francisco Bay area community of Danville, said he accepted the honor on behalf of the other crew members of Flight 1549 and the "many thousands of aviation professionals whose daily devotion to duty make air travel safe."
He said the thousands of letters, cards and e-mails he had received since his forced landing indicated people are "searching for good news."
"We are looking for reasons to hope again and we are looking for reassurance that the things we hold dear ... that our ideals are still true," he said.
"I stand before you today to tell you that our ideals are still true and when we remain true to our ideals and work together there is nothing we can't accomplish."

The ALPA approved SLI was outsourced.

Why is it, I wonder, that the pickleballers all conveniently "forget" that arbitration was agreed to by BOTH parties?

Things that make you go, "Hmmmm."

Jeez, people should ease up on the guy. I think he's handled this whole thing better that most of us could have. This article says it all:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/184605/page/1

All I Wanted Was to Talk to My Family, and Get Some Dry Socks

One month ago, I landed Flight 1549 safely in the Hudson River. In some ways, that was the easy part.

By Capt. Chesley B. Sullenberger III | NEWSWEEK

I'm not trying to diminish the job that the crew did -- but the self-preservation instinct was certainly in play here. I'm guessing that they would not have wanted to hit buildings even if they knew they were empty. I'm also guessing that the touchdown would have been performed just as carefully if it were an empty ferry flight.

I have reassured passengers in the past by pointing out that -- although I have their safety in mind -- I will be joining them on the aircraft and, as such, will not be undertaking anything that I deem to be risky.

If this had been a freighter, would it have been as big a story? Absolutely not. Would the performance have been every bit as impressive - of course.

I'm rambling here but the point is that they did a great job, but self-preservation is not particularly "heroic". Consciously deciding to put yourself at risk for the sake of another is really what defines heroism.

PIPE

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back