Suggestions on diet during trips

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DCMartin

Just wondering what people do to eat cheap and healthy while on a trip?

Thx in advance

Martin

Peanut Butter sandwiches with low-carb bread and fruit. I can usually get by with only buying one meal a day by doing this.

Ditto the PB sandwich, plus Zoneperfect bars are a great meal/snack and are healthier than most, nutri-grain bars work well too.

Lay off the fries and white bread and sugar drinks and you'll lose weight.

I lost 40 pounds and Im incredibly lazy so it ain't that hard to do :)

This may sound incredibly gay, but I lost 25 pounds on the Slim Fast plan last year. And since then I still eat the shakes and bars on trips in order to save money. They are cheap as a meal replacement, healthy, and easy to pack. Then I only have to buy one meal a day on the road.

Pita bread and canned chicken or tuna. Also the tuna salad packs travel well. Rice cakes and beef jerky are good to take along for munchies. When you have to eat out, eat a salad with lo-cal dressing. I lost about 65 lbs. following wt. watchers at home, and eating like this on the road. Good luck.

I don't know if while on a trip one has or has no access to a microwave, but if you do than stuffer's has some pretty good frozen stuff. 1.45 sec in a good microwave abd you are ready to eat and it takes little space. They taste pretty good too for frozen food. You can carry it along for a day and even if it melts it won't make a mess but stay in the package in an consumable condition as it is mostly solid food. 4 pack goes for $8 in BJ's and each has around 280-380cal. They seem to be not enough at first but after a week you get used to the portions and you really don't need more.

Raid the breakfast bar at the hotel in the morning and then grab a few apples and banannas for lunch. Figure out which hotel has the best free happy hour food for dinner and go there. Crash the wedding reception or corporate affair where no one knows anybody else and chow down. If you don't like the food deal at your hotel check out the others nearby.

i would grab the little peanut butter packets and eat those as a snack, but then I love PB.

I agree with watching what you eat but use the layover times to work out. that way you can eat what you want and still stay healthy.

D

McDonald's fruit and yogurt parfait! Get a couple. The fruit is frozen so it stays cold for a couple of hours!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back