• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Suggestions on diet during trips

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dinty Moore has decent packaged dinners that are reasonably priced and shelf-stable, so they don't need refrigeration. Things like Salisbury Steak and Turkey & Gravy.

They should change their slogan to two weeks worth of sodium in every can!

Eat less. Move more.

I stopped drinking sodas and anything caffeine. I started drinking lots of water. The gut started shrinking and my face came back.
Also, avoid fast food, especially fries, like the plague. Carry tuna packs with you, trail mix, clif bars (great stuff, and they taste good..really!), peanut butter sandwiches and don't eat when bored. It is really hard to find healthy food in the terminals, so why not just not look? Also, it's ok to be hungry a bit during the day. It won't kill ya.

No need for fad diets. You can even keep up the same ole lazy TV and computer habits... but hitting a treadmill for 10-15 minutes a day works really well on top of all the diet adjustments.

I feel a lot better now and don't get tired as fast.

Crash the wedding reception or corporate affair where no one knows anybody else and chow down

I like your style!!...but...How do you do that with overnight clothes? That stuff is a dead giveaway that we pilots are not part of 'normal' society.

Hugh Jorgan said:
Forget fads. Think a balance of lean protein and complex carbs. Small portions, often.

This is also true. However, most of what is easy and available is 80% refined carbs and is not satisfying enough to keep the tummy from rumbling every 45 minutes. Something with a higher protien content WILL stick to your ribs better. The 6 mini meals a day plan also works great. I lost 15 pounds by going high on the protien, cutting out 'white foods' (processed carbs) and snacking on fruit all the time. I was never on Atkins, but the reduction of processed carbs in ones diet and addition of more protien & natural or unprocessed carb foods is certianly more healthy.

jetexas said:
I like your style!!...but...How do you do that with overnight clothes? That stuff is a dead giveaway that we pilots are not part of 'normal' society.

Thanks. It's easy....just carry a suit coat that matches your pilot pants and a bow tie for an instant tux. If you talk to anyone ask a lot of questions. If they are on the brides side you're on the other one. Don't give the guests you chit chat with time to ask you questions. Keep them busy talking about themselves. If you get stuck, just excuse yourself to go to the men's room. Oh yeah....if there is a person taking tickets at the door just enter at the loading dock and walk in with the help. Act lost and they'll get you in the back. No one working there will care anyway. Have fun!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back