Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FL510GV

Junior Birdman
Anyone with a successful stop-loss waiver or a pending one that would be willing to share your waiver submission package, please let me know and I will send you my AF email (or personal email if you prefer) so that you can send it on. I will gladly share any of my success/failure with anyone in the same boat.

I am starting my package today.

Release the hounds....

GV,
Guess it's your lucky day -- today was my last day in the squadron, and as I was cleaning my personal stuff off the gonkulator I decided to save all my Stop Loss waiver paperwork for some odd reason. Drop me a pm with your email address and I'll send you what I've got.
FWIW, my waiver was technically successful, but not for the waiver itself -- I was told that the first answer from ACC was "no", but after I got the ANG actively involved ACC changed its mind.
Looks like I'll be buying the beer in my guard unit for a while -- not that I'm complaining!!! :cool:

I'm an AMC guy, and I know our paperwork is different, so if you need that, let me know. We've been told from my wing that a message from the AMC/CV came out that said anyone putting in a waiver package will be sent on a 90- 120 day TDY where manning is short. Nice, eh?

fewb,
If that's true then it's total BS -- if people are needed at undermanned locations then they should be sent there from overmanned locations regardless of whether they've applied for waivers or not.
If AMC is doing what you're saying then they're punishing people for simply exercising their rights under AF policy. That may be legal, but it's simply not right. Glad I'm out.

I agree, it's wrong - does "feet on the ramp" mistake mean anything? Has anyone heard of getting a waiver approved without having a guard/reserve job? What "angle" are they working? What are people hearing as far as how long this "program" is going to last? My unit is 137% manned - why are they not letting us go?

Template

FL510GV,

I wish I could help you out, but since the batting average at this base is .000, there's not much with which to help. I'm interested, too, in a successful template. Fly safe.

:cool:

fewb said:
My unit is 137% manned - why are they not letting us go?

I'll tell you why: For the first time in their careers, the flesh peddlers are not having to brief declining pilot retention numbers to the generals at the weekly staff meetings. And who has the primary input into who's going to be released from from Stop Loss? You guessed it, those same flesh peddlers.
Is Stop Loss a manning tool? You bet your a$$ it is!

What is manning like for F-15's? F-16s? C-17's? KC-135s? E-3s? A buddy of mine at CHS says that manning there in his squadron went over 100%, and guys in his squadron are getting AETC jobs to get out of TDYs. My guess is that most MWSs are over 100% manned. I don't have anything to prove that - I'm just conjecturing. If they are, what is the hold up? Don't you think they could at least go to a incremental discharge program, where they let people out as long as manning stays at 100%? The thing that makes me mad is no one is talking to us pilots - at least the generals could say what they are thinking.
I read an article 2 weeks ago in the USA today saying that Rumsfield turned down the AF's request for 6000 more people. Seems to me the AF is getting around it by keeping stop loss around.
I think it's a manning tool too. Anybody know of anyone attempting legal action?

AETC

You guys don't even want to know how high manning is in at the UPT bases! Between Stop-Loss, guys running here from AMC, furloughed dudes coming back off the street (3 so far in my unit) and all the Reservists busy troughing, our young FAIPs are actually complaining they're not flying enough! (Of course, I'm not complaining!) Either way, seems stupid to keep us in. I guess shared pain makes everyone feel better! Anyway, I feel for my AMC brothers out there. I don't want you to think I'm not thankful for being where I am, just amazed at the AF manning policies (as usual!)

Sorry so late, but . . .

Sorry for the late reply-

But if you are interested, I’d be happy to send you off my template. For what it’s worth, it was approved by the AETC folks a few weeks ago, and the verbiage on the approval was ‘pending a job with the reserves’

Let me know if I can help.

BD32

Latest resources

Back