Suburban Air Freight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetbluedog

Anyone know anything about this company? What equipment? How's maintenance? What routes do they fly? What Hours? How's Management?

Thanks in Advance!

They fly all single pilot BE99's and CE208's in NE and B1900 in TX. That is all I know of them pay is good enough to have a slow turnover. Does anyone know more about them??

Has anyone heard of anyone hired straight into a major from them?

They started back in 1983. A guy name Jay Armstrong was the founder. Began as a one man show with a UPS contract. Been around a long time. Dont know about being hired into a major from them but a buddy of mine lit up a cornfield with avgas one night. RIP.

Thanks guys, I have heard their call sign "Sub-Air" on many of my routes and was wondering what they were all about......interesting. I have a nephew looking for his 1st freight run......I may refer him.

Nightcargo,

Not being in the 135 environment for nearly 10 years now, who should I refer my nephew go after as a "reputatable" night hauler? Got a couple of recommendations for me? Anyone else name some "good reputation" cargo companies.

My nephew just surpassed 1200 hours TT, he's got about 80 multi. Working as a CFI in the Midwest. He's looking to enter 135 ops now.

a couple places could be airnet, central air, flight express. I think sub air requires an 18 month contract, and possible be in the c208 for awile

I've been out of the 135 biz for over 20 years now. I must admit that the turbin engine singles of today make the job for a new guy much safer. Even Suburban Air is alright. They were out of a town called Crete, NE., but may now be in either Omaha or Lincoln.

Jetbluedog,

Send your nephew to Airnet if he lives east of the Rockys. Maybe send him to Ameriflight if he lives in the west. Airnet has a contract, I don't know if Ameriflight does.

I thought central air was PFT? Their twins had an alcohol anti-ice system (TKS). I thought it kind of wierd for a freighter.

I've heard good things about Freight Runners Express and Bemidji, but I have no firsthand experience.

Voss

Latest resources

Back