Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stupid question maybe.. but.. Why does everyone hate GeauxJets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tram

RaarR! SLM will getcha!!
I'm not defending them or anything or the sort.. I am a low time kiddo in this world of regionals and I know everyone hates GeauxJets because they're all scabs - but scabs from what?

Before I get slammed - this isn't flame bait.. it's a serious question from a nOob..

What did the pilots do at GeauxJets?

For the record, BlowJets pilots ARE NOT SCABS. They have not crossed any picket line. However, their selfish actions at the expense of TSA pilots doesn't put them very far beyond it. GJ's existance perpetuates the regional whipsaw and makes them on par with their Freedom A list counterparts.

Take some time to seperate the wheat from the chaff on this board when it comes to GJ. Talk to a Trans States pilot and get the inside scoop. Go register at www.tsalounge.com and see how TSA pilots are being undermined by GJ pilots. Education is key...learn the situation, look at it objectively from both sides, but don't apply there.

Haha.. yeh, I wasn't planning on applying there.. I've seen how scabs are treated, and even if they're not scab's, the fact that they are lumped in with them, makes it a place I want nothing to do with..

BoilerUP said:
For the record, BlowJets pilots ARE NOT SCABS. They have not crossed any picket line. However, their selfish actions at the expense of TSA pilots doesn't put them very far beyond it. GJ's existance perpetuates the regional whipsaw and makes them on par with their Freedom A list counterparts.

That's all true enough but beating up on some new hire pilots isn't going to do anything to change the situation. If you have to "get even" with someone take it out on Hulas and friends who are the ones really doing it to you. WC (ex TSA)

The ONLY thing that separates a GayJet turd from a bona-fide scab that makes the ALPA master list is OPPORTUNITY. And if given one they have shown they would cross it in a heartbeat if it meant an early upgrade and screwing of another pilot.

Hulas couldn't "do it" to us if people would just quit applying there and stay away. It's our best legal way of fighting this situation for the time being. So far it seems to be working. Many pilots wanting a job have been steered away from Gayjets because guys are spreading the word about what they represent. Including an entire class intended for TSA on Oct. 10. It was cancelled and they were all offered Gayjet jobs. Rumor is only a couple out of 15 or so accepted. That's still a couple too many but its better than if the whole class went.

The other part of the equation happened a few days ago. We recieved a memo asking for "voluntary leave of abscent" from Trans States. Now, they can't staff the other company and since they are downsizing the J-41 fleet, they want people to leave, Notice that it was not a voluntary furlough. That would actually let them draw unemployment (and the company would have to pay for part of it.)

The part that really gets me is that they knew this was coming ALL YEAR. And all the time they were staffing g0jet from people off the street! Now some poor TSA guy is going to be on the street.

210FR8DOG said:
Hulas couldn't "do it" to us if people would just quit applying there and stay away. It's our best legal way of fighting this situation for the time being.

Cmon....you can do better than picking on a few pathetic pilots. What's next.....whoopie cushions in the *************************s Captain's seat? <edit>. Jet fuel is expensive these days. Old J41's and 145's need a lot of maintenance.....a lot.....to keep airworthy. It's all about the pocketbook and TSA management laughs all the way to the bank. They also get more than a few laughs out of pilots beating up on each other....especially their own. Get serious. WC

Last edited by a moderator:
Why all the vitriol towards a group of pilots that is/are just doing whatever it takes to advance their careers......that has been the mantra of most regional pilots since the first replacement jet appeared.........

Mesa and TSA pilots can whine all they want. They have scope and they want it protected at all cost......never mind that their scope is the only scope that matters. To hell with the mainline scope, as long as we get bigger jets that pay more.

Folks, the crap you have swung for the past few years is finally coming home to roost. I predict that regional pilot ranks will shrink as fast as they grew as the mainline pilots protect their own 70 and 90 seat flying and the managements of the mainlines BK themselves and rid themselves of as many high cost 50 seaters as they can.

A350

Latest resources

Back