Students and freshly minted commercial pilots II

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mcjohn said:
...going into debt 80k to 100+k be part of it.

At first I thought I was reading a windshear PIREP. That's the kind of day I'm having. I guess this is nature's way of paying me back for never taking an AIRMET-T seriously. Welcome to New England.

Anyway, I think this is a good thread. I fortunately kept myself down to about $20K of debt from school, flying and degree included. I accomplished this through going to a state school with a flight program and living at home. It worked out great for me. At first, I worried a bit that I didn't have "connections" at regional airlines, but then I realized that you don't actually need "connections" to get a regional job. What you do need is a pulse and multi time. All the other stuff, such as a degree, intelligence, a "normal" disposition, etc., is icing on the cake.

Don't sell yourselves out, guys. Mom and pop FBOs and local colleges will do you just fine.

-Goose

anonimo said:
As for work, I am flying now.

As for the school I attended, it was raa.

Thanks anonimo. You're helping folks tremendously and it's probably just a matter of time before that CEO reads something like this. These internet forums have been leveling the playing field more and more each year. I know this one saved my ass a couple of times.

Are you flying for a regional? Just a yes or no question there. No interest in the company.

mcjohn said:
Thanks anonimo. You're helping folks tremendously and it's probably just a matter of time before that CEO reads something like this. These internet forums have been leveling the playing field more and more each year. I know this one saved my ass a couple of times.

Are you flying for a regional? Just a yes or no question there. No interest in the company.

Yes I fly with a regional now. I got what was advertised, although ironically I didn't get the interview through the raa connection, it was on my own initiative.

Latest resources

Back