• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stuck mic stories!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard a SKYW Bro over Elliot Bay in SEA say, "See that ferry boat down there? I'd rather be a CA on that thing then work for f$%&in Alaska!"

Was on about 5 mile final to CLT, already cleared to land when Piedmont checks in behind us. We hear him read back "cleared to land" and then there is a brief pause and we hear "dude I just fu#$@ng tagged you." He then says "I just fu#*#ed you again, that's twice, once in the front hole and once in the back hole." This goes on until we land when all we hear is "clitoris, clitoris, clitoris, clitoris..." going on until we clear the runway and call ramp. Mic was still stuck when we called ramp and never figured out what ensued after the mic was unstuck. All true and there were about 15 airplanes waiting for takeoff on 36L that got to witness the event.​

So much for the sterile cockpit. And I do mean sterile in every sense of the word.

-Goose

At PDK a hot shot "flying doc" had just pissed off the tower by exiting the runway and taxiing without talking to ground. I thought tower was being harsh when they started saying how "that guys gonna kill someone one day" but their transmission ended with the word crap! and then the radio went silent.

On Indy center the other day I heard a United pilot give the old "folks we're going to expierence some turbulence for the next few miles, so I'm going to turn on the fasten seat belt sign. If you could please take your seats and buckle up, I'll let you know when its safe to move about the cabin again."

This was followed quickly by several guys chiming in with "got mine on" and "yep, me too." "thanks for the heads up buddy."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back