• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stuck mic stories!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yesterday morning, at altitude, east of ORD. Sounds like half of a conversation between two controllers....

"Yea, I think we have them on all the right frequencies now. It's a clusterfvck. They are all whining and crying as they come in over the lake."

The FO and look at each other with that WTF look. I keyed the mike and said, " A cluster what?"

Another pilot says, " I like the whining and crying part."

Then you hear, "My apologies guys."

Then you hear a new controller. Kept us in laughter for another few minutes.

- Six

Cleared the pax's for take-off a couple times.

Called for clearance on Operations.

Told Center we need a lav dump.

> Called for clearance on Operations.

That's standard procedure in ATL to get a response out of ops...they ignore you until you call them for a clearance and they almost instantly respond that you're on the wrong freq!

A friend of mine was on final in a C-150 on his first solo x-c. He is bored as hell and starts singing the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang theme song all the way down final. Greases the landing and in his best Ace Ventura voice says to himself "Like A Glove!" Needless to say the guy at the FBO was laughing his @ss off.

Coming into EWN NC a few weeks ago and our local airshow pilot is taking up a friend of his in his S-31 two seater. The guy in the back must have his hand on the ptt. All I could hear on the tower freq. is the guy yelling "HOLY $HIT THIS IS F!#$ING AWESOME..." so on and so forth. It went on so long that tower switched to the ground freq.

Early morning trying to get a clearance and all we can hear is a loud snoring on the freq. We try ground. Same thing. Then Tower. Same thing. One controller running all the freq's and he's asleep with a stuck mic. We call ops and tell them to call the tower and wake him up. Over the radio, we hear the phone ring, some grunting, and then "what? I, wha? Oh!" and then the freq goes quiet. Pretty funny.

> Called for clearance on Operations.

That's standard procedure in ATL to get a response out of ops...they ignore you until you call them for a clearance and they almost instantly respond that you're on the wrong freq!

I know at FL the inrange person is dealing with 500 phone calls from SOC or gate agents or ramp, trying to listen over the noise in the tower, and then respond to the radio...it's fun on an irop night! I think we're finally down to about 30-40% of the airplanes still calling in despite the ACARS now fully developed for us to receive messages.

Great stuck mic last week in ATL...ASA chick talking about her a wide variety of things for 10 minutes on Ramp 3..Ron loved it

Heard someone reading penthouse forum letters over EGL outbound OPS at ORD, have a feeling it was intentional though!

Was on about 5 mile final to CLT, already cleared to land when Piedmont checks in behind us. We hear him read back "cleared to land" and then there is a brief pause and we hear "dude I just fu#$@ng tagged you." He then says "I just fu#*#ed you again, that's twice, once in the front hole and once in the back hole." This goes on until we land when all we hear is "clitoris, clitoris, clitoris, clitoris..." going on until we clear the runway and call ramp. Mic was still stuck when we called ramp and never figured out what ensued after the mic was unstuck. All true and there were about 15 airplanes waiting for takeoff on 36L that got to witness the event.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back