Stuck mic stories!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rally

Well, I know we have them. Heres mine: ORL, orlando exec. Holding shorting 5 airplanes on final and 172 obviously giving a lesson. All you hear on the freq is: "ok, 65 knots keep the nose down a little power, ok lift the nose off, hold it off, ok retard the throttle etc etc" Touch down the mic comes unstuck, they clear and the tower says "**** thanks for the lesson" I was laughing so hard.

My other one was a ex airline captain/trainer in his a/c in a central florida airport. He's on ground the other guy he's talking about is on tower. (luckily) They are in the runup pad and he says "see that guy over there he's a ***hole, mic comes unstuck and ground says "well thanks for the heads up, contact tower". LOL

Any stories?

one day i was working the desk at an FBO in so. indiana, and then we heard a guy on the radio saying "ok just let it go, let it fall, down! down! keep her coming! keep coming! keep her coming! down! down! down! ok more collective! COLLECTIVE! COLLECTIVE! good job, that was MUCH BETTER!" then some smart ass said, jeeze, i think i could fly one of those helios after that. The CFI in the helicopter simply responded "yeah thats a good example of an "audio-rotation"" har har har. I hate helicopters, but another thing, Its always fun to here someone do a passenger briefing from start to finish on an operations frequency.

One morning in PWK I was teaching my girlfriend to fly and I said Damn I got morningwood. Next thing I heard about a minute later was check your mike too late I already had a stuck mike.

Is your girlfriend the girl in your avatar? If so I am sure the controller heard.

I missed 4 stuck mikes while instructing in Hyannis. Always on final. Always with the grumpy controller. Always during rush hour for the island commuters. Always a good remark waiting for me when I called for taxi to the ramp... Damn 32V!!!

Does listening to pilots repeatedly try to turn on the PCL over tower freq. after hours and having to get on the freq. to tell them which freq. they should be using count?

USAirways flight still at the gate sticks the mic on DCA Ground.

5-minute soliloquy on Scheduling sending him to Chicago, having to install cabinets in his shop, and the crappy coffee he was drinking...along with other stuff.

He finally moves something away from the mic on the stick, and Ground yells at him about the stuck mic.

The best part:

In his most indignant voice, he responds, "We DID NOT have a stick mic on this aircraft!"

Ground comes back, "Have fun putting those cabinets up after your Chicago trip...and enjoy your lousy coffee."

this is a true story I swear it.....someone had a stuck mike on center a few years ago when I was flying King Airs, and proceeded to inform all of us on freq as opposed to just his fellow pilot that the breakfast burrito he had eaten a few hours prior was "tearing him up" and he was going to have the green apple splatters before long....this was followed by thirty seconds of sheer laughter on my end and a few minutes of silence when he finnally realized he was transmitting to all of indy center

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back