Stuck in limbo (ASA)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lolikoka said:
Saw on Flica this morning that ASA is soliciting applications for "CRJ" line check pilots in SLC. Is this an indication that some 200s are going west? I thought we called the 700s a "CR7."

I believe the instructors are dual-qualified. I think they just want a SLC check airman crew, as previously they had to deadhead ATL IPs.

Texx said:
Quit crying and keep your pants on. There will be an annoucement in a week or two.

First of all, I wasn't crying. I'm not one of the countless First Officers waiting on an upgrade.

Second of all, I'll take my pants off whenever I d*mn well please.....err... anyway....

My point was simply that there seems to have been a change of agenda. For several bid cycles they were upgrading like crazy. Then, all of a sudden (well after months of rumor anyway) we get sold and Delta files. Now there's no more upgrading going on. It just seems to me that ASA was gearing up for continued growth and now they're not.

Out of curiousity, when you say "announcement in a week or two" are you just referring to a Position Notice or is there another "Big Announcement" in the works???

Last edited:
I'm with Texx...
Everyone always gets so bogged down in the day to day scuttle-butt that people loose sight of the big picture. The cards are still in the air. Let them fall first. Any comments at this point are more than likely just someone's Scientific Wild A$$ Guess. BUt I must say it is most entertaining.

FmrFreightDog said:
My point was simply that there seems to have been a change of agenda. For several bid cycles they were upgrading like crazy. Then, all of a sudden (well after months of rumor anyway) we get sold and Delta files. Now there's no more upgrading going on. It just seems to me that ASA was gearing up for continued growth and now they're not.

Out of curiousity, when you say "announcement in a week or two" are you just referring to a Position Notice or is there another "Big Announcement" in the works???

Sir Richard Branson will let the world know about his "Virgin America" in a week or so and there will be other announcements also.

FWIW I flew with an IP yesterday. He said that they had just hired two classes of instructors so everyone is expecting a huge hiring boom.

He also suspected the same thing that I did with the Skywest purchase. He thinks that Skywest will take the UAL flying (I say that they are welcome to it) and ASA will take the Delta. He couldn't absolutely confirm this, but some of his contacts make him think that it is extremely likely.

There is also a strong rumor that ASA will get several more ACA-Independence CRJs.

Hang on to your hat!

I wonder who will get the bulk of the 78 seaters, that may be why Comair is loosing aircraft. Or maybe, Sky/ASA will take those. Who knows, but I think we should be able to see how things are going by Jan/Feb or so.

blueridge71 said:
He also suspected the same thing that I did with the Skywest purchase. He thinks that Skywest will take the UAL flying (I say that they are welcome to it) and ASA will take the Delta. He couldn't absolutely confirm this, but some of his contacts make him think that it is extremely likely.

This rumor might actually have legs, since as both carriers farm more flying out to the 70-seaters (not that I like it but it's going to happen sadly), the possibilities of route overlap with United and Delta increase. Since I know Delta has the phrase in their PWA that says that if DL operates a route, the feeder may not operate the same route for any other carrier, SKYW may segregate the flying just to keep the certificates separate and non-overlapping. This is what Mesa is having to do with Freedom in MCO because of routes like SLC-PHX for AWA.

:DEverybody just take a deep breath! AAAHHHHHH! Now, doesn't that feel better? Like Texx said, just wait and see where the cards fall!

Latest resources

Back