Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FmrFreightDog

Py-lote
Yet another position notice with no RJ Captain vacancies. That's a couple in a row, if I recall correctly. Among other things, I see that as a sure sign of stagnation once again. I'm beginning to think the ship has sailed.

FmrFreightDog said:
Yet another position notice with no RJ Captain vacancies. That's a couple in a row, if I recall correctly. Among other things, I see that as a sure sign of stagnation once again. I'm beginning to think the ship has sailed.

Why? This is not the first time this has happened and certainly not the last. Did you look at the prelims or just the vacancies. 511 captains on the prelims in ATL and how many lines do we have? Makes sense to me. If we are not taking airplanes right now ..........

FmrFreightDog said:

Actually, it is a sign of attrition. With the poo job ASA does with crew planning they don't anticipate shortages. They can't spare the FOs to go to upgrade training so they have to get FOs trained so they can afford to spare people to upgrade.

With any luck this is one thing the folks in SGU will be able to remedy. I am a little dissappointed in the decision to put Willie Harris in charge of this department. As if Crew Planning isn't already a world class goat rope.

Trusted and Respected....oh yeah, that's ASA all right.

Willie

Speaking of WH, we were told to contact CS at the end of our 4-day trip while calling in the times. I called on behalf of the crew. They had something for me, but nothing for the FO or FA. 20 minutes later I get a call on my cell phone from CS and they are looking for my FO.

Anyway, to make a short story shorter, Willie leaves a threatening message on my FO's cell phone asking why he didn't call CS and to call immediately. MY FO never called him back (he is wiser than me). He came back to work the next week and didn't hear a word about it.

The moral of the story is....Don't let CS intimidate you. They will try anything to draft/extend/junior man you. Just CYA and check your mailbox before you leave work.

With all the schedule restructuring that DAL is going to do in the next few months you will see a lot more weird stuff come down the line. I'm sure some of the Dee Dee Dee's on this site will twist it into doom and gloom for us as well.

On a CS note, know your trip and your contract because they are self serving Dumas's. Finished an 8 hr reduced 2 day and they told my FO and then me to call back in an hour cause reroute was working something for us til I told her that we only had an hour and a half left in our ten hour day. "Ohhhhh, were you reduced rest 8 hrs last nite?" "YES....." "You sure were, let me tell the reroute that hang on." "you're both released." Imagine that! They conveniently forget whatever benifits them at the time.

Had this happen too. They can't tell you to call a Chief Pilot, see a doctor or order you to do anything for that matter. The CP will call you and tell you what you need to do. They have no authority to tell us to do anything, just notify us of an assignment or a change to one. CJ got all PO'd at me one morning cause she missed us at the hotel and we didn't answer our cell phone's on the way to the airport(you are not required to) and I called her at the airport on the station phone. She told me I was in trouble and had to call the CP. I told her to have the CP call me and I terminated the call. CP never called me.

FmrFreightDog said:

Quit crying and keep your pants on. There will be an annoucement in a week or two.

ASA CRJs to SLC?

Saw on Flica this morning that ASA is soliciting applications for "CRJ" line check pilots in SLC. Is this an indication that some 200s are going west? I thought we called the 700s a "CR7."

Why would they have RJ vacancies? We've deferred all our orders until next year which obviously pushes off a lot of required training. Plus, take a look at the last two awards that included CR2 Captain vacancies. They were both huge awards (over 20 captains each). They have been starting upgrade classes nearly every week and will continue to do so through October just to get people who already have awards into training. I think once the dust settles a bit on our fleet plan for next year, we'll see training pick up late this year and into next year. This is nothing new....ASA has always been all or nothing as far as training goes.

FmrFreightDog said:

Yup, you're probably right. Time to resign and hop over to Mesa or somewhere. Especially if you are more senior than me.

;)

Latest resources

Back