Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now you are getting it.

El Chupacabra said:
I recommend remaining calm ... and resisting the temptation to incite people. We may not be released by the NMB and in that case there will definitely be no strike. A lot of blood pressures will have been raised for nothing.
This is the smartest thing you have evr said, considering the fact that your UNion has not been bargaining in good faith and you WILL be put in a deep freeze, and not released for an extended period of time. You will have a lot of time to think about what you are or not not going to do next time.

You got it backwards on who is not bargaining in good faith.

I already know what I will do either way. Don't need any time to think about it.

I will give myself a raise. I will put myself up for hire to the highest bidder but first I will take another 30K type rating with me ... in either a G200 or Falcon 2000. and they will also need to type someone to replace me in the X.

Last edited:
The owners know they are being lied too is a very true statement. I here it at least twice weekly from owners and they are P.O.
The bottom line is the company made a decision to invest in a UNION busting consultant instead of ending this issue years ago- at a cheaper price I might add- and have alienated their core customers, the bill paying owners in Quarter Share airplanes. Additionally; the quick buck tactic of selling more Marquis cards than the fleet can support has added to this customer service deficient management attitude- money now! Not to mention the additional wear and tear on the fleet, which reduces the residual value of the aircraft as the owners sell them back to the company?
The company is going down the tubes in my opinion due to a narrowly defined business plan- break the UNION at all cost. When in fact had an agreement been worked out in 2002 they would had saved hundred of millions in lost business. Not to mention the cash paid to anti-union consultants that only resulted in the pilots voting down the last TA by 82%, firing their Members Elected Council and Teamsters Local 284-which gave the company any and all requested Letters of Understanding requested by the company to circumvent the current Collective Bargaining Agreement in affect. The company’s investment into these anti-union consultants has only solidified the pilot group into one impressive determined group. In fact the pilots should pay these consultants for the motivation they have provided us.
In short the company shot their selves in the foot; a wound that could prove fatal to NetJets as we know it. The men who could make a difference in this issue are dead set against Unions because it prevents them from firing at will; loyal workers who cut into their bottom lines through Retirement Benefits, Health Care, Longevity Pay and Safety related demanded changes on the shop floor. These men are “narrow” minded and will lose nothing when this company fails, they have their millions- to hell with the rest of them; is their apparent attitude. They nothing of leadership, they give billions to charity when employees of their own company qualify for WICK and government assistance. They make statements to the press that they have 34.6 Billion dollars laying around looking for investments but won’t invest into their greatest assets- their employees. Truly NARROW minded with blinders.
The only thing the pilots of NetJets wanted in the beginning was an equally fair salary structure, benefits, and fly from home that every other NON-UNION part of this company enjoys. Now the pilots will not back down from their stated goals of their new UNION-Local 1108. The PILOTS of Local 1108- are the UNION! We will not settle for less than 6s.........
Many of us are ready to move to non-flying jobs when this company folds and are not afraid of being men about that transition. We will not accept another slap in the face...
Netjets has grown on the sweat on this underpaid employee group and we want a return on our investment or close the doors!
I have sat through many company briefings and believed all of the good will which was told to me by members of management in the past; I shall never make that mistake again and the proof is in the actions of this company over the last several years at the negotiating table.

Last edited:
SafetyTheSeat said:
I have sat through many company briefings and believed all of the good will which was told to me by members of management in the past; I shall never make that mistake again and the proof is in the actions of this company over the last several years at the negotiating table.

I heard at this week's recurrent that no one even said good morning or anything to BB. No one answered any question he asked. Hell, no one even nodded. His normal 2 hour "we love the pilots but can't pay'em" briefing only last 35 minutes and he was red-faced when he left.

Hey BB - quit cussing at the negotiators and get the deal done. We'll be glad to talk to you then. Until then, talk to the hand.

SafetyTheSeat said:
The owners know they are being lied too is a very true statement. I here it at least twice weekly from owners and they are P.O.
The bottom line is the company made a decision to invest in a UNION busting consultant instead of ending this issue years ago- at a cheaper price I might add- and have alienated their core customers, the bill paying owners in Quarter Share airplanes. Additionally; the quick buck tactic of selling more Marquis cards than the fleet can support has added to this customer service deficient management attitude- money now! Not to mention the additional wear and tear on the fleet, which reduces the residual value of the aircraft as the owners sell them back to the company?
The company is going down the tubes in my opinion due to a narrowly defined business plan- break the UNION at all cost. When in fact had an agreement been worked out in 2002 they would had saved hundred of millions in lost business. Not to mention the cash paid to anti-union consultants that only resulted in the pilots voting down the last TA by 82%, firing their Members Elected Council and Teamsters Local 284-which gave the company any and all requested Letters of Understanding requested by the company to circumvent the current Collective Bargaining Agreement in affect. The company’s investment into these anti-union consultants has only solidified the pilot group into one impressive determined group. In fact the pilots should pay these consultants for the motivation they have provided us.
In short the company shot their selves in the foot; a wound that could prove fatal to NetJets as we know it. The men who could make a difference in this issue are dead set against Unions because it prevents them from firing at will; loyal workers who cut into their bottom lines through Retirement Benefits, Health Care, Longevity Pay and Safety related demanded changes on the shop floor. These men are “narrow” minded and will lose nothing when this company fails, they have their millions- to hell with the rest of them; is their apparent attitude. They nothing of leadership, they give billions to charity when employees of their own company qualify for WICK and government assistance. They make statements to the press that they have 34.6 Billion dollars laying around looking for investments but won’t invest into their greatest assets- their employees. Truly NARROW minded with blinders.
The only thing the pilots of NetJets wanted in the beginning was an equally fair salary structure, benefits, and fly from home that every other NON-UNION part of this company enjoys. Now the pilots will not back down from their stated goals of their new UNION-Local 1108. The PILOTS of Local 1108- are the UNION! We will not settle for less than 6s.........
Many of us are ready to move to non-flying jobs when this company folds and are not afraid of being men about that transition. We will not accept another slap in the face...
Netjets has grown on the sweat on this underpaid employee group and we want a return on our investment or close the doors!

PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE. Good Gawd man, this long, rambling diatribe doesnt even make sense....lets examine the nonsensical portions of this post more closely....

SafetyTheSeat said:
Additionally; the quick buck tactic of selling more Marquis cards than the fleet can support has added to this customer service deficient management attitude- money now! Not to mention the additional wear and tear on the fleet, which reduces the residual value of the aircraft as the owners sell them back to the company?

Marquis doesnt result in any more 'wear and tear' than any other share sold. Marquis buys shares and resells them into smaller blocks than the 50 hrs minimum.

SafetyTheSeat said:
The company is going down the tubes in my opinion due to a narrowly defined business plan- break the UNION at all cost. When in fact had an agreement been worked out in 2002 they would had saved hundred of millions in lost business.

It takes two to tango. The union could have had an agreement years ago but didnt want an agreement during 2002-2003 when the economy was in the tank....why else would you spend years dickering over contractual provisions and not even talk wages? They didnt want an agreement because the economy was horrible and they wouldnt be able to make their 'double my salary' demands. When the economy picks up in 2004 then they are in a mad rush to get a deal done and they start their mad-cap claims of 1300 days of waiting on management....lets face it, union leadership and the company reached a TA last fall and the pilots voted it down, changed their MEC, Local, and Negotiating team, forcing everyone to start over.....so you really havent been waiting 1300 days....more like 120.

SafetyTheSeat said:
Not to mention the cash paid to anti-union consultants that only resulted in the pilots voting down the last TA by 82%, firing their Members Elected Council and Teamsters Local 284-which gave the company any and all requested Letters of Understanding requested by the company to circumvent the current Collective Bargaining Agreement in affect. The company’s investment into these anti-union consultants has only solidified the pilot group into one impressive determined group. In fact the pilots should pay these consultants for the motivation they have provided us.

CONTRADICTORY....why would the company stall giving the pilots a contract and buy anti-union consultants to try and break the union if the MEC was a bunch of puppets that gave the company everything they wanted???

SafetyTheSeat said:
they give billions to charity
Really? who are they giving these BILLIONS to? Thats quite a magic trick when the company is barely making a profit in the US market....

SafetyTheSeat said:
employees of their own company qualify for WICK and government assistance.

Not the 'reduced price lunch' speech again!?!? How about the union leaders being quoted in the Columbus Dispatch that the pilots average between $50,000 - $72,000? Last time I looked that doesnt qualify for WICK. And dont start about the first year FO wages, because everyone knows that the entire aviation industry is set up with low entry level wages and your union refused a company offer of an immediate 20% increase for that group, no strings attached.

SafetyTheSeat said:
They make statements to the press that they have 34.6 Billion dollars laying around looking for investments but won’t invest into their greatest assets- their employees. Truly NARROW minded with blinders.

Arent we talking about NetJets? I've never seen any statements in the press that NetJets had 34 Billion laying around. You must be talking about Berkshire.....but does that mean you're suggesting that Geico and Pampered Chef employees pay for your salary demands?

SafetyTheSeat said:
The only thing the pilots of NetJets wanted in the beginning was an equally fair salary structure, benefits, and fly from home that every other NON-UNION part of this company enjoys.
Sounds good, but are you going to give the same level of productivity? Union shops have high levels of bureaucracy and inefficiency associated with them. You dont see the company taking an entire negotiating team off flight duty at NJI or EJM. are you going to give up the grievance process that you've overwhelmed with your thousands of grievances this year? Are you going to give up the double dip of crew meals and per diem?

SafetyTheSeat said:

NetJets has grown on the efforts of all employees (including the pilots), Mr. Santulli's vision and guidance (without him the fractional segment and its thousands of pilot jobs wouldnt exist), and Berkshire's capital. All of those groups deserve a return on their investment. One group cant take 300% of the annual profit and hamstring the groups that also built the company.

FamilyGuy...you're an idiot!!!!! Its a shame you took all that time to disect the previous posts to make stupid and irrational points....

Let's see what happens this afternoon in Washington......New Chapter coming up.

Seems like things are starting to "simma-down."

The union must be telling people to quiet down. I mean really, is a slap in the face to the rest of the GA community effective if its been forecast in advance ??? Even netjetwife is quiet. Strangely quiet, maybe she's down registering for reduced price lunches or possibly baking cookies for the next informational picket.

Family guy, there you go again bringing in reality. This is a pilot board. We do not deal with reality here.

El Chupacabra said:
h2,

Decision of the NMB may be today. I would think chatter would pickup after that is known.

I don't think they have to decide today. But, I'm sure we'll be kept informed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back