• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Strictly Aviation ! ! !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First flight was on an AA B707 (showing my age) from TUL to STL. Fondest memories though are on Ozark puddle jumping around the Midwest and Frontier going from SLC-DEN-STL (now I'm really showing my age!). Having moved several times during my childhood (same thing as an adult as well!), the airplane was the mode of transportation that allowed us to see family and friends.
First "stick time" on DC8 sim in 1994. Should have started a lot sooner. Could kick myself for not being more aggressive in pursuing flying. Even lived in a neighborhood where we had pilots via Hill AFB. Never envisioned myself being a pilot at the time even though I liked flying.

Last edited:
First flight was in an Aeronca Chief, from a private grass strip. It was a friend's father's plane. I was about 12 yo. he let me fly, I couldn't reach the rudder pedals but I was hooked.

Watched a stearman dust my fathers cotton at seven years old started a dream in 1960.
First flight was in a piper colt, which took total control of me in 1965.
First lesson was a birthday gift from my wife in 1975.
Now she says she wished she had gotton me high and given me a bj instead. Sometimes I think she's right.
No but really, she and flying, has been the best part of my life. The dream is still alive after fortythree years.

First flight in an Aeronca Champ. Pax # 2 in the womb. (Dad flying)
First jet was a TWA 707-321B from CMH-STL
First solo in 1986 after 4.1 hours of dual in a Piper Taumahawk
Never had sex in an airplane, but I did have a stripper show us her...ahem, "goodies" once in the Learjet. My wife thought it was pretty funny.

Latest resources

Back