Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Just thought that i would start a new thread.
With all of the time that we spend at airports we have seen some pretty strange things. Just wondering what the strangest thing that you guys have ever seen at an airport was?

Trying to get a weather briefing off of the "weathermation" machine at a small municipal airport's pilot lounge, while some sniveling, sobbing, ranting, white trash biker looking chick was sitting on the only couch in the place, with two cops pacing the room.

Evidently they saw her on the road, driving hubby or boy friends car and HE was wanted on felony warrants. She was all boo hooing for the whole time. When the flight came in, the cops ran out of the room...snatched the dude and left her sitting there.

From what I understand, she was waiting for him to come home, so she could get some money from him and pay the bills and was upset after the police left her there.

Sucks to live on the Jerry Springer side of the trailer park, but that town is known for loosers. Kind of sad, when you think about it.

Somewhere in South Georgia a man wearing a full flight suit with a helmet and a star trek embalm climbs into a Cessna 150 and proceeds with his star trek fighter pilot patrol keeping the sky safe from clingons.

I saw a parked State Police Cessna Caravan roll onto an active Taxiway on one hot summer day. If they would have tied it down or chalked it this would not have happened. I have a killer picture of it somewhere.

I saw a TSA screener in PFN ask a young lady to take her sandals off so he could wand her bare feet.

I saw a man in DFW whose carry-on bag was the hull of a eighteen-inch TV set stuffed with his belongings.

Somewhere in South Georgia a man wearing a full flight suit with a helmet and a star trek embalm climbs into a Cessna 150 and proceeds with his star trek fighter pilot patrol keeping the sky safe from clingons.

LMAO :D :D :D

Foobar said:
ROCK!!! I gotta do that just to see what reactions I get! End every checklist item with "ENGAGE!"

We have a pilot who flies wearing Nomex fighter-pilot gloves. Not entirely sure why- maybe he wants to be ready in case we tangle with some MiG-28s on the way to Wichita.

Typhoon1244 said:
I saw a TSA screener in PFN ask a young lady to take her sandals off so he could wand her bare feet.

We should rename this thread "Strange things seen at TSA checkpoints". Then it will run to five pages!

There used to be a gentleman at the MSO tanker base that worked the ramp. His job was marshalling the tankers in and out. He wore a flight suit with patches, and a SPH-4 helicopter helmet, with the visor down. The helmet was painted up pretty-as-you-please. He had a big rotating light attached to the top of the helmet.

At MSO, the base ramp is narrow and long. One taxiis in and makes a turn to come back the other way before being parked in a loading pit. Rather than simply stand in the pit to park the airplane, this man would meet us at the ramp from the taxiway, and job backward, waving his arms in the air, all the way around the base. In his favor, he was hard to miss; not much chance that anybody would ever run over him. On the other hand, it was hard to taxi when laughing that hard.

At the same base there was a smart little tough guy that insisted he knew better than everybody, including the pilots. One day while taking a load of retardant, I called for the shutoff, and the flow didn't shut off. I yelled again, and looked outside, and the expert was gone. Nowhere to be seen. I closed the aircraft shutoff to keep from being overloaded. Suddenly he materialized, screaming and hollering that I was going to blow up his loading manifold.

I told him I was loaded, and he insisted that I hadn't taken my contract load. I still needed another 500 gallons, he said. Can't be, I said. I'm full. No, he said. My book says a P2 takes 2450 gallons. Oh, I said. You're right, except I'm a PB4Y. I left him fuming on the ramp, and went forward to start engines. I was just tickling the starter when he ran through the prop arc from behind, and banged on the side of the airplane. He began yelling at me again, rabbiting on about the risk of damaging his loading equipment by shutting off at the airplane.

I watched him for a second, yelled, "Clear" and engaged the starter. He backed off and ran away. Never saw him again.

I watched a man taxi into his car once in a newly restored cherokee. Saw a harrier crash once, and a T-38. A bunch of gear-ups at different times. I've seen a couple of towbars chopped off, got nearly missed by one when it went flying. Saw a man get run over by his own airplane (baby ace) when handpropping at half throttle with the left wing only tied down. I flew behind my boss when he intersected four powerlines and got torn up. I watched two flight instructors chase a bee around a fuel truck while spraying it with avgas from the hose off the back of the truck, once.

A week ago I saw a bad skydiving accident. I watched one person run out to him, remove his helmet camera, and keep filming with it...leaving him to fend for himself. I ran to help him...but otherwise, he would have been on his own. That was bizarre.

Last summer I made several passes against a ridgetop where I was supposed to put a load of retardant. Three helittack crewmembers were on the ridge. We coordinated the drop through an air attack supervisor overhead. I made three passes to show where the retardant run line would be, and was told several times that the crew on the ridge was good where they were, and intended to stay. Against better judgement, I put the retardant there. I pulled up over the top and did a pass perpendicular to my line to check on the handcrew down there.

They were just getting up, and I could see their outlines on the ground where they had hit the deck and laid face down in the dirt. They were slick, shiny red, head to toe, and later told me they were soaked in the very salty, crystaline stuff right through to their underwear...major chafing on the hike back out (nobody wanted to let them back in the helicopter). Their crewboss turned around and filed a complaint. He wanted to be there on the drop line, but didn't think it would be so bad, and then decided that it was my fault. Probably was. I had to laugh, though, because two months later the salt was still leaching out of their clothes and gear.

The most bizarre thing I ever saw was a field inspector at the FSDO level with matching socks. I thought I'd never see the day.

MarineGrunt said:
ROCK!!! I gotta do that just to see what reactions I get! End every checklist item with "ENGAGE!"

Na you got to come up with your own. Instead of Star Trek do Star Wars... Grab a wookie costume and a Han Solo custume.

**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** that would be funny if someone working for a major, to get himself and his F/O to do that for holloween. I can just see the PAX faces as they greet them when boarding...

Then to make things even more interesting as the tower tells you to hold for the active...

"Well, why don't you use your divine influence and get us out of this?" -Han to C3PO"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back