• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

storing QC2/uflymike headset

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i use the qc2 in a metro 3, works fine. definately not the bose x, but for the money, comfort, and music quality its worth it for me. after 10+ hours of flight time in a day, the comfort is unmatched. also enjoy using it without the adapter when not in the cockpit. would not be adequate for metro 2!! would be good for be20, havent flown other be turboprop products. good luck, two thumbs up here.
Sewertube101

i use it in a be90 and it works great. every once and a while the props will mess it up but it works great.

Dude, I used the Bose Aviation X in the turboprops including the Beech 99. I now use the Uflymike in a bizjet. I do not recommend the Uflymike for the 99 if that is what you are flying nowadays. It simply does not have the hearing protection you need for that type of environment.

Which Bizjet would that be Dave? ;)

I heard a few weeks ago that an FAA dude jumped with an SWA crew and wasn't too happy that they were using a "non-aviation" headset. I guess the problem is that if the batteries run out, the headset stops working altogether. The story is that they're going to start cracking down on crews using this headset.

Of course this also could just be rumor. I checked the site and it appears to be working.

I heard a few weeks ago that an FAA dude jumped with an SWA crew and wasn't too happy that they were using a "non-aviation" headset. I guess the problem is that if the batteries run out, the headset stops working altogether. The story is that they're going to start cracking down on crews using this headset.

Of course this also could just be rumor. I checked the site and it appears to be working.

Anybody who runs the batteries completely dead is an idiot. The headset starts blinking when they are getting low. From that point you have about 4 to 5 HOURS before they quit working. When you have about an hour to go, they start "cutting out" for lack of a better term, and if you tap on them with your finger they will momentarily kick off then back on.

I have found that if I notice them blinking, I can usually finish the day and change the battery when I get to the hotel.

I have found that you can get a week out of a battery when the light starts blinking. From a new battery I got 55 hours out of it, I wanted to see how much I could get, it got to a point that turning my head would make it cut out. Its no big rush to change the battery when it starts blinking.

Latest resources

Back