• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about you?

Hey ATKTK and ETXFlyer,
Any luck on your waivers yet?

How about some other success stories out there for a little motivation for those waiting....

No word back from ACC for my waiver. I'm approaching the "promised" 30 day turn around next week. Hope to hear something soon. We'll see.

Not encouraged at this point, but you never know. We'll see.

Good News!!!!! This afternoon I received word my waiver has been approved at ACC. I'll be on terminal leave as quickly as the personnel system can do the paper work. It's been 22 years and I can honestly say I've enjoyed just about every second of it. I hate leaving the Air Force under these circumstances, but it's time I take care of family and leave the fighting to the younger kids. Good luck to all of you still employed. My prayers are with you. Let's hope this "Terrorist War" ends soon, but until that day, know that what you're doing is appreciated by this old warrior.

Congrats

Some good news! Sorry I haven't gotten back with a reply about my waiver, but I'm still waiting on the results (2 weeks since it hit the big man's desk!). Good luck on the other side.
ETX

ATKTK

Congrats on the news! Any luck with Jennifer? I'm assuming you called the second you got the good news....

Hopefully you'll make the Apr class as you have waited so long.

Cheers,
Shooter38

Good luck ETXFlyer, we'll be prayin' for you too...

Stop Loss Waiver

Just thought I would add my 2 cents. My waiver went off the base with the head honcho's signature and off to the 3 button level to get signed. I happened to know someone who was able to ask the question to the big man himself. He was told "does he have a hardship?" No... well then it wont get approved. And that was with wing level endorsement. (All the original info I got was if you get a wing king to scribble on it you are good to go. This is not always the case) Here is where I got lucky. I had a previously approved retirement date and orders in hand that were rescinded. I also new someone on the inside who gave me some help. My waiver was approved AFTER being turned down once and resubmitted.

So what is that worth. I really dont know but I will say this. If you are just trying to get out... good luck but dont hold your breath. Maybe you should say your best dog got run over on your waiver.

Hey keep the faith though. Life could be worse. Looks like SWA is gonna do ok this quarter.

Hope this doesnt make anyone quit paddlin'

Cheers:rolleyes:

I'll second the "hardship" story. My waiver included a hardship which has been ongoing for over two years. I attempted to curtail an ADSC in 1999 to retire only to have it turned down back then. My retirement was scheduled and I had terminal leave planned two weeks after stop loss took effect. So I re-submitted my hardship wiaver request after waiting a few months thinking stop loss would be a short time period. I had little trouble convincing my wing leadership since they were already aware of my situation. It was just a matter of collecting the 50+ pages of supporting documentation to send off to ACC. Mine is a very personal situation which I'm grateful our senior leadership was willing to approve.

Now as for SWA, I did call shortly after getting the word. The 25 April class is full and I won't be in that group. If someone drops out, there is a chance. I don't expect that. Jennifer is on vacation and I spoke with Amanda. She indicated they are being told no classes until the end of summer. So I intend to spend a few months enjoying my wife and kids and helping my mother around her house. It's been a great Air Force career. I'll miss it. But I'm certainly looking forward to SWA.

Best of luck to all those working waivers. I share your frustration and pain. But know that all the effort is worth it. You already have the worst answer they can give you. It can only get better.

Hey ATKTK

Good to hear about your waiver sucess. Unfortunate it was a hardship but... I guess in the big scheme of things its working out. I talked to one of the base wing ex weanies and he said the sucess rate is dismal for 11 ADSCs concerning waivers who are leaving the military. Judging from the new stop loss message, id say to all those stop lossed.. settle in and concentrate on where you are now.. make the best of it (kind of like Kunsan) and see what happens. If you look at the inside numbers SWA is gonna need at least 300 pilots over the next few years ( that was kinda a joke :p ) Keep hanging in there. I plan too...

ATKTK, me is thinking you and I are gonna be seeing each other in Dallas soon, either down by the pool when its really hot and muggy, or at worst, when the leaves are turning colors. If the next class has 22 minimum, I would think we are looking good. But I cant see the inside of JM's crystal ball.

Cheers

Latest resources

Back