Stop Degrading My Profession

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SDF2BUF2MCO said:
Well that would be 535 Congressional folks and how ever many Senators that are up this year.

Tell me you meant to say "435 Representatives and 100 Senators...." The total is 535.

And you call yourself an American.....:)

stlflyguy

Aren't guys who willingly accept a position driving an RJ for $18,000 -$22,000 per year degrading the profession?

stlflyguy said:
Tell me you meant to say "435 Representatives and 100 Senators...." The total is 535.

And you call yourself an American.....:)

stlflyguy

Thank you for the correction. I can't even use the excuse, "I'm from Kentucky", on that one.

It's the most brilliant thing big business ever did in this country - knock down the labor movement to the point where workers BLAME EACH OTHER for their demise.

Imagine if it had happened in the old days - "Yeah, Mr. Ford has his workers in there 60 hours a week with no benefits. If those guys would just quit degrading our workplace by taking those jobs...."

SkiFishFly said:
Yeah - I really want higher taxes so some idiot in DC can spend it on more social programs....

Very sophisticated train of thought going on here, watch Fox news much?

SkiFishFly said:
Yeah - I really want higher taxes so some idiot in DC can spend it on more social programs....
Hmm... a much better idea is to keep doing it the way we do now- keep taxes low, spending high and just borrow the difference. Hey- we won't have to pay it off; let our kids worry about it.

Are these the same people who have 25k of credit card debt and are picking out wide-screen LCD's?

SkiFishFly said:
PLease tell us all how wise and sophisticated you are. Please share with us uneducated masses....

I didn't mean to imply that I am sophisticated, but it seems like we're spending a lot of money that we don't have right now, regardless of whether or not we are collecting any tax revenue. The Fox News remark was an obvious barb, and meant to ridicule the fact that Murdoch's political views are expressed relentlessly, while being touted as fair and balanced reporting. We report (and tell you how to feel) and you decide (after we make sure to tell what to think). My opinions only...

Latest resources

Back