Stop Bashing Gulfstream

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FLAIM BAIT

THIS THREAD IS TOTAL FLAIM BAIT. ANOTHER 4 YEAR FO AT MESABA SITTING RESERVE ON THE SAAB WITH NO HARD COPY OF HER NEW "INDUSTRY LEADING CONTRACT" TO READ. SOOOO SHE FINDS ANOTHER WAY TO BASH PINNACLE
AIRLINES.....THE NORM.

The problem is...you will have the PFT label the rest of your career. Alot of people (and you will find out) despise PFTers. Just do a search on this board and find out. Sounds like more single pilot 121 time for Pinnacle Captains.

FlightTraker

So while you "pay your dues" flying a 152 at 80 knots, I will be flying my CRJ at MACH 0.82. HAHAHA

Mad Props to all my homies from Gulfstream. All the hard work finally paid off and we made it to the top.

SeeYa

PC_FROM_TEXAS

Arent you guys speed restricted anyways? I thought you weren't allowed to go any faster than NWA DC-9's, which are like .74 or near there.

Anyhow, mad props for being a tool. You're right...you are at the top of where people like you with $hit for experience and poor skill will be in 20 years. A Fagship F/O.

Last edited:
i think pinnacle deserves just as much bashing as gulfscream if not more. places like gulfstcream wouldn't be in business if it weren't for airlines hiring these people. how come the pilots don't say something? i know if i were a captain on a rj, i wouldn't want to be flying around with a 500 hr guy that bought the job.

FlightTraker said:
Sounds like more single pilot 121 time for Pinnacle Captains

I'm extremely anti-PFT, but unfortunately the people who haven't PFT here at PCL are in the minority, so everyone just shuts up about it most of the time, tries to get along, and keeps their PFT sentiments to themselves unless asked which is, of course, fairly rare.

That said, most of the Gulfstream guys and gals do quite well, although it does require the PIC to be a little more involved with what the F/O is doing than most of us are used to and/or prefer, simply because the learning curve / situational awareness curve takes longer to peak (S.A. is the biggest issue). It's just life, and will hopefully make the PCL Captains that much better at their jobs.

Those guys and gals will also be in the right seat for several years and, given the RJ delivery schedule with mainline options and deliveries, might find themselves stuck in the right seat for 3-5 years MORE than they thought when the growth comes to a screeching halt - they might not sound so excited in a few years... :eek:

The hard part comes when you have abnormal situations - until they've been here half a year or so you almost HAVE to transfer the controls to the F/O and take care of business yourself... Just no way to explain all the things that have to be done with mx control, dispatch, planning, acars, as well as the QRH stuff they get in ground school, then explain it all later on the ground, but I suspect it's like that at just about every regional...

p.s. I agree that Southwest borders on PFT with the 737 requirement - I probably wouldn't have done it if I hadn't gotten laid off and had WIA pay for everything except the hotel and food... Had nothing else to do while I was jobless. But I also know that I'm in the minority on this issue as well. Does that mean I can claim "minority status"? ;)

I'M KIDDING ABOUT THE MINORITY STUFF - DON'T HIJACK THE THREAD INTO A MINORITY HIRING DEAL! :rolleyes: :eek:

Plunger: If you knew anything about Pinnacle you'd know that the pilot's have absolutely NO say in our company's operations. We are treated as third class citizens, are subject to one of the most hostile work environments I've ever seen IN OR OUT of the aviation world, and the company violates the contract daily and says "If you don't like it, grieve it".

They set the policies, we have to live with them unless they're in violation of the contract, then we STILL have to live with it for the year to year and a half that a grievance takes to get resolved, often in favor of the company ANYWAY.

That's why we call it "Cynical" Airlines - our motto: "We're not happy 'till you're not happy, and the beatings will continue, regardless of whether morale improves or not". So we do our best to have a good time at work, get the job done, then get the h*ll home as quickly as possible and don't DARE answer our phone on our off days if we don't recognize the number or it has a 901 area code. :D

Last edited:
PC from TX...

you are a bloomin' idjit. Gulfstream is a EA scab run operation and is considered the very worst in Buy A Job programs. Everyone knows it and I wouldn't hire a GulfScab "graduate" to save my own life. Trying to rub your "success" in ANYONES face is a sure sign of your imaturity to complement your lack of quality in career choices. You remind me of Freedumb Air guys whistling past the graveyard thinking they will face no repercussions for jumping over hundreds of other pilots, for a short term gain. The aviation career field is a marathon, not a sprint. I would give a job to a guy who "paid his dues" long before I would give it to a self-centered a$$hole like you. I hope Mommy and Daddy will be around to finance the rest of you life; Grow up. sonny........

Lear70 said:
That's why we call it "Cynical" Airlines - our motto: "We're not happy 'till you're not happy, and the beatings will continue, regardless of whether morale improves or not".

Almost everybody that posted to this thread knows it's a flame thrower, and yet... Moth to the flame, can't help it:)

Good post. Why can't we just change our logan from "Simply the best" to what you just wrote?

Latest resources

Back