• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

STOP ALPA Baseball Cap on EBay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And just when I thought HelloNewWoman and instructordude firmly held the lead for biggest flightinfo do0ches, ironspud makes a sprint for the number one spot...

Ummmm..let's see. You're the guy that bought his flight time from a SCAB operator. Yeah - you rock!!

$75.00? I think I'll opt to pay the same 6 bucks you did from the same place you did(ICN).

If anyone is interested in this hat I would be more than happy to have the same hat made for you at cost(6 bucks). Don't give $75.00 to this dim wit.

$75.00!!!! I hate it when pilots try to profit from other pilots. Now, here you are looking for some sap who will pay you to get screwed and give the preverbial finger to an organization which has done more toward making the US Airline industry the safest on the planet and envy of the world.
Does anyone else see the irony between spikey-haired IPOD pilots who sell out for the shiney jet and this seller?

I don't see a corelation between youthful styles and selfishness, but I sure see a corelation between the type of "individual" who would buy something for 6 dollars and try and sell it to a fellow pilot for $75 as the same type of personality that wants to trash ALPA because of his own very high level of self interest.

$75.00? I think I'll opt to pay the same 6 bucks you did from the same place you did(ICN).

If anyone is interested in this hat I would be more than happy to have the same hat made for you at cost(6 bucks). Don't give $75.00 to this dim wit.

Ironspud! You are being out bid.... how egregious! You need some sort of protection! Some sort of representation.....

Now you just wasted $2 on a listing and showed FI the capabilities of your skillset!

Maybe Prater and his $485,411/yr salary can bid on it. We know that few 30K/yr ALPA newhires can afford it.

Ironspud,

Hopefully you guys at AA will keep ALPA out of your pockets if you know what's go for you. APA is a much better union that ALPA.

Maybe Prater and his $485,411/yr salary can bid on it.

Prater doesn't make close to $485k a year. Keep believing that anti-ALPA propaganda though. You're playing right into management's hands.

Maybe Prater and his $485,411/yr salary can bid on it. We know that few 30K/yr ALPA newhires can afford it.

Man.. I thought by now you'd be educated... I guess you like to go with a street education. If your CEO said the hotels he pays for while you were on your trips where part of your compensation package and you had to pay taxes on that expense... would you feel like you made three times as much?

Ironspud,

Hopefully you guys at AA will keep ALPA out of your pockets if you know what's go for you. APA is a much better union that ALPA.

The AA guys left ALPA because of ego's and they will stay away from ALPA because of ego's....

The APA and ALPA might merge in about 10 years... when the global forces are so strong and the APA and ALPA realize they have more in common than not. Until then the APA is doing just fine buying servies from ALPA ala carte and getting dinged for illegal job actions...

Right now the APA's political presence is weak and they buy contract, negotiating services from ALPA...

Are they better than ALPA? I got 45 million reasons why not....

Last edited:
Worn Once.....

Was it only worn once because someone handily kicked your butt and you were too scared to wear it again....

Could you put out a bid on the priviledge and undeniable honor of getting to kick you in the nuts as hard as the high bidder would like? I'll bet that one would go pretty high. I gladly would pay $500 just to bury my size 11 on the old giblets!

-Rochambeau---- I get to go first!

PCL 128,

Yeah, I'm playing into managements hands. Get a clue.

His salary is from the Department of Labor. It's total compensation. You're probably pissed at what management makes, as am I. But I'm also pissed that the ALPA national officers make what they make while newhires make what they make. ALPA officers should make whatever they made at their repective airlines plus housing and meals. Keeping drinking the ALPA coolaid. ALPA is a business and you and I finance it.

Rez,

I got one reason why the are better than ALPA. ALPA's treatment and lack of representation of the TWA pilots during the TWA/AA merger. They, and all ALPA members, should have moved mountains to make sure what happened to us wouldn't happen. But I guess thinking that a union should be unified and take care of all it's members makes me street educated.

ALPA is about cash just like all the airline CEO's.

His salary is from the Department of Labor. It's total compensation.

That's right: total compensation, including expenses. His salary that he actually gets to take home is barely higher than an average FedEx widebody Captain will make. For all of the work that the President does, he should be making a lot more than that.

You're probably pissed at what management makes, as am I.

I don't care what management makes, as long as I get my fair share.

But I'm also pissed that the ALPA national officers make what they make while newhires make what they make. ALPA officers should make whatever they made at their repective airlines plus housing and meals.

The President is the only Officer with a special compensation package, because he is actually an employee of the Association. The other three Officers get exactly what you're talking about: Flight Pay Loss that covers exactly what they would make at their respective airlines for what their seniority would hold, plus money for expenses.

ALPA is a business and you and I finance it.

ALPA is nothing even remotely resembling a business. The majority of the carriers that ALPA represents actually cost the Association more in expenses than they bring in in dues. The Legacy carriers have to make up for the short fall. Not exactly how you would run a business.

They, and all ALPA members, should have moved mountains to make sure what happened to us wouldn't happen.

Move mountains? Give me a break. ALPA is not a magic wand for you to simply waive at your problems and expect them to go away. ALPA did the best that could be done under the circumstances. Your anger should be directed at AMR and the APA, not ALPA.

Latest resources

Back