Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stolen passport while out of the country.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Anyone had this happen to them? What has to be done to get back? How long is the delay?

Thanks semper, a few things were actually stolen out of my room. But I kept my birth certificate with me, and separate, and we have photo copies of the passport on the plane.

I assume you reported it missing immediately.

When you process for the replacement, I strongly suggest you apply for a 2nd passport. They're good for 2 years and make visa processing, dealing with a lost primary passport, etc relatively minor events. Obviously, when carrying 2 passports you want to keep them separate.

These folks provide excellent service-

www.g3visas.com

What to do? Leave it int he room to get stolen.... or carry it around on the street to get pick pocketed or mugged.....

sorry for your trouble. Get a police report.

fwiw: I have a tsa combo- padlock from Lowes on my briefcase that i lock when I leave my room. I know it could be defeated fairly easily, but it is a deterrent.

Last edited:
sorry for your trouble. Get a police report.

fwiw: I have a tsa combo- padlock from Lowes on my briefcase that i lock when I leave my room. I know it could be defeated fairly easily, but it is a deterrent.

Keep your passport and valuables in your dirty laundry bag... another deterrant.....

What to do? Leave it int he room to get stolen.... or carry it around on the street to get pick pocketed or mugged.....

Once DHS/TSA mandate that we're all chipped, it won't matter. Just make sure you're not chipped in a body part that can be "easily" removed... :eek: :D

Thanks for the advice guys, I am working with the embassy right now, hoping they can help me out by tomorrow flight.

where was this and what hotel?

Latest resources

Back