Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You heard it first here.

Well, maybe second.

Sorry ... will never happen. We may add it as a destination one day, but most certainly never a hub.

STL has never been able to support an airline hub very well long term.

Yes there were the hay days of TWA, but that is in the past, and STL is a different city these days.

I'm surprised SWA is expanding there. Maybe they have the cash on hand to lose for a while until things get turned around.

I don't think JetBlue cares to experiment with STL at this time.

DW

Caveman you really need to get out cave and get educated. You know we make money in the islands, but believe we could make the same or more in the Midwest. What knowledge, experience, or education do you have that qualifies you as an expert in route planning and revenue management. Why don't you leave it to adults to run the show at JB.

However, I am worried about JB past hiring practice. How in the world did we end up with cave dwellers like you?

Here is an idea to make you happy, maybe it is time for you to look for a job at Geigo. I hear they do not overwhelm the intellectual capability of caveman.

Blue, cave is a "pilot". Don't you know all "pilots" know how to run airlines (just ask them)??? LOL!!!!

Sorry ... will never happen. We may add it as a destination one day, but most certainly never a hub.

STL has never been able to support an airline hub very well long term.

Yes there were the hay days of TWA, but that is in the past, and STL is a different city these days.

I'm surprised SWA is expanding there. Maybe they have the cash on hand to lose for a while until things get turned around.

I don't think JetBlue cares to experiment with STL at this time.

DW

Don't assume that any of our managers are rational beings. Marketing and Route Planning can and will screw anything up. The funny things is ... the pilots and FAs are the only ones that believe in the product. I think we would do well in an MCI or STL, if the aforementioned departments did their job.

But one only has to look at RIC to see how easily JB squanders goodwill, advertising or loyalty. You can't have business service "twice" a day, you can't have business service when you cancel weekly, but more importantly you can't have business service with a 1 seat class airline and bush league rewards.

My .02, pilot cents of course.

Caveman you really need to get out cave and get educated. You know we make money in the islands, but believe we could make the same or more in the Midwest. What knowledge, experience, or education do you have that qualifies you as an expert in route planning and revenue management. Why don't you leave it to adults to run the show at JB.

However, I am worried about JB past hiring practice. How in the world did we end up with cave dwellers like you?

Here is an idea to make you happy, maybe it is time for you to look for a job at Geigo. I hear they do not overwhelm the intellectual capability of caveman.

Show me where I said we could make the same or more in the midwest. I said we could make money. Don't read into what I said and don't put words in my mouth.

BTW, it's Geico, not Geigo. The only thing lamer than another caveman quip is a caveman quip from someone that can't spell. Is that all you got? Paraphrasing an insurance commercial. Golly, I've never heard that one before......... :rolleyes:

Have some more Kool-Aid BoB.

Last edited:
Blue, cave is a "pilot". Don't you know all "pilots" know how to run airlines (just ask them)??? LOL!!!!

I don't know squat about running an airline, but SWA does and they make money serving the midwest. In fact they service several of those five cities I referred to. There's no reason JetBlue couldn't make a few bucks there too.

Hi!

Why are U guys even complaining about cities in the US.

U need to get out more...try Africa...it will definitely change your perspective, at least for most Americans.

cliff
LFW

Hi!

Why are U guys even complaining about cities in the US.

U need to get out more...try Africa...it will definitely change your perspective, at least for most Americans.

cliff
LFW

Cliff,

If you want to be reminded of African weather, hang out in STL in July or August. I have never sweat so much as I have in STL in the summer. Could not be more humid at times - and the shade don't help... Add the frequent tornado outbreaks in the area and STL is just not so appealing - at least from my perspective.

And guess what, 6 months later the weather is bone-chilling cold! Surprise!!!!

Latest resources

Back