Still wondering what is bad at CAL....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What so bad...

eventually they will realize they are paying a bunch of dudes to sit at home...and then furlough. But at least you will have the holidays off.

What about calling in sick "again....and again" whenever you want to be off means someone else has to work for YOU!? I guess it's allright if someone else has to work as long as it's not you, right? Someone else can be away from their family as long as you can stay home.

Dan, I am not talking about abusing sick calls. I am talking about calling in sick, and CAL's poor policy. But since you mentioned it, what is a pilot susposed to do if he needs a day off? In a wedding, kids sick, a friend is in the hospital, etc.? CAL's PBS system is brutal, on my a/c there is rarely open time and everything is below coverage. For the most part what you get is what you fly.

WHY NOT USE YOUR NEGOTIATED BENEFITS?
YOU HAVE IT, USE IT.
WHAT WOULD THE DIFFERENCE BE IF THEY CALLED IT PAID TIME OFF?

MNGMT SELLS IT TO YOU IN THE TERMS OF THE PACKAGE (CONTRACT) YOU VOTED ON. SO USE YOUR BENEFITS AS YOU LIKE, IF THEY WANT TO INTIMIDATE YOU, JUST COWER, OR LEARN TO PLAY THEIR GAME AND USE IT AGAINST THEM, IF THEY WANT PAPER WORK THEN BURY THEM IN IT.

HAVE FUN

We accrue 5 hours a month....At ASA I got 2.5 I think... how can a regional be better?

I never worry about getting in trouble for sick call. Some of you worry about everything. You are probably the ones that worry about your job everytime you go to work and fill out a ton of ASAP reports and NASA forms.

Guess how many of thoe forms I have filled out since my 3 years at CAL..........0 Zero......That is right.. and my 5.5 years at ASA.........1 One.......That is right.

I don't go to work hoping to change the world and make a difference while trying to reinvent the wheel.
I just fly the airplane, grease on a landing or two, and go home.

Trust me, you won't get called about sick calls. If you don't want to use them that is your problem. Meanwhile, I will

Trying to figure this out...

In the last 10 weeks I have flown 1 New Orleans roundtrip that I picked up for landing currency.

Other than that I have been on reserve, sitting at home, went to FL for 4 days with the family (figured scheduling would not call......they didn't), sat reserve for Thanksgiving, no call. Sitting reserve now, still no call.

What other job is this good? I don't know any other pilot from another major that has a schedule this good.

So what is bad here? Why would anyone bid a line f you live in base?

Thanks,

Sebd

75/6 guys for Delta are doing about the same thing only they are making about $16/hr more than you for starters.

75/6 guys for Delta are doing about the same thing only they are making about $16/hr more than you for starters.

Thanks truckdriver, and you also have work rules and better reserve rules. It is because of guys like SFR that CAL pilots get paid and treated poorly.

Last edited:
Maybe SFR will be sitting Airport Standby today for 5 hours . That should quiet him down a bit.

My question is, why do you feel it's necessary to keep making these f@cking threads? Get a life, d@uche....

box :laugh:

Latest resources

Back