• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SFR

Pilot Guy
Trying to figure this out...

In the last 10 weeks I have flown 1 New Orleans roundtrip that I picked up for landing currency.

Other than that I have been on reserve, sitting at home, went to FL for 4 days with the family (figured scheduling would not call......they didn't), sat reserve for Thanksgiving, no call. Sitting reserve now, still no call.

What other job is this good? I don't know any other pilot from another major that has a schedule this good.

So what is bad here? Why would anyone bid a line f you live in base?

Thanks,

Sebd

Trying to figure this out...

In the last 10 weeks I have flown 1 New Orleans roundtrip that I picked up for landing currency.

Other than that I have been on reserve, sitting at home, went to FL for 4 days with the family (figured scheduling would not call......they didn't), sat reserve for Thanksgiving, no call. Sitting reserve now, still no call.

What other job is this good? I don't know any other pilot from another major that has a schedule this good.

So what is bad here? Why would anyone bid a line f you live in base?

Thanks,

Sebd

Don't know what BES you are in but the line I got on the 756 in EWR for December has 12 days off blocked at 78:30. This includes a nice 8 day stretch starting xmas day. If I didn't commute I would have bid reserve.

I just speak the truth, I don't hide it. I think of others all the time, but what does that have to do with this post, job, or anything else on here?

Basically, if you don't like doing a 12 day off line, don't bid it.

Call in sick when you want off. What is the big deal. I have done it and will do it again......and again..

I just don't need to very often because I don't get used much on reserve.

Do me a favor though, keep telling people reserve sucks..that way I can always hold it. Thanks,.

I just speak the truth, I don't hide it. I think of others all the time, but what does that have to do with this post, job, or anything else on here?

Basically, if you don't like doing a 12 day off line, don't bid it.

Call in sick when you want off. What is the big deal. I have done it and will do it again......and again..

I just don't need to very often because I don't get used much on reserve.

Do me a favor though, keep telling people reserve sucks..that way I can always hold it. Thanks,.

Too bad at 68% I can't get more than 12 days off.

Calling in sick usually penalizes you in terms of pay. It doesn't mean I don't call in but I often look at my pay register afterwards and say "what the f***."

Too bad at 68% I can't get more than 12 days off.

Calling in sick usually penalizes you in terms of pay. It doesn't mean I don't call in but I often look at my pay register afterwards and say "what the f***."

You loose money when you call in sick, you have to walk on glass when making a sick call, don't call in too early, don't call into late, don't call in over a holliday or in a vacation month, or you risk getting "red flagged"! Red flagged means you get a call from the CPO's asking you to get a DR's note at your own expense on your time. Additionally sick time is capped monthly, new hires start with 0 sick time and no health insurance, and only accrues at 6 hours a month. I had a much better policy at a regional! This policy not only incurrages pilots to fly sick, it forces some to. There is alot wrong with CAL, this is just a small part of the overall problem.

What about calling in sick "again....and again" whenever you want to be off means someone else has to work for YOU!? I guess it's allright if someone else has to work as long as it's not you, right? Someone else can be away from their family as long as you can stay home.

Latest resources

Back