• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

still ugly at chautauqua?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, they can't. AFL/CIO bylaws don't allow voting from one affiliated union to another without an intervening period of independent representation. Two years, I believe.:mad:

EOpilot is right

What the pilots could and should do, IMHO, is vote the Teamsters out. Then hire, with the money that would normally go to union dues, an attorney or attornies that is/are willing to be dedicated to the pilot groups best interest until that two years is over. Having the pilot group as sole client would be a full time job, as would keeping up with Bedford and Co. Then, at an appropriate time, the pilot group can either join with ALPA or find another solution. I'd also like to mention that when Chautauqua's pilots originally unionized, ALPA didn't want anything to do with them due their size (about 100 pilots at the time). Well, that's my solution.

As for a Lakes story that I was told, during a recent round of contract negotiations, the Lakes pilot met with their Rep and told this person what they wanted as far as payscales go. The payscales were the equivalent of CoEx's 1998 payscales for the 1900. Supposedly, the rep just couldn't believe that the pilots at GLA wanted that much of a raise and told them that they would never get it. The guy had no clue about scale parity and what was competitive. Once again the Teamsters show their worth.

Aceshigh

ALPA is great (*wink wink*)

I dunno about the teamsters, but oh-so-wonderful ALPA wasn't able to do anything about Trans States furloughing out of seniority order after 9/11.

Does Chat. have a domicle out of CMH? Wasnt there talk, pre-911, of moving the HQ to CMH?

Thanks

Hi!

To: I.P. Freley

The furloughing out of seniority order greivance will be heard this summer, so the union did file a greivance, in other words, they DID do something, and the decision may be favorable for the pilots. We'll see.

Cliff

Checks,

Yeah, they domicile AWA feed out of Columbus and I think back around December they also set up an Airways domicile there and in Richmond so that they wouldn't have to pay hotel costs for the overnights in those places. There was some talk pre-9/11 about moving HQ to CMH. All of of it, IMO, was designed try and coerce the indy Airport people to either give them more room in the terminal building or be able to build a new HQ. CMH was offering all of that and was really trying to get CHQ to move. So managment was trying to work the two against each other. I don't think they'll moving anytime soon simply because they are "hemmoraging money," to quote the chief beancounter. Maybe, in a couple of years if they can't have their way with the Airport Authority in Indy.

Cliff,

I hear that TSA has had some growing pains with their MEC and the company within the past year, but that it is turning around. Best of luck with the grievance. Unfortunately, speaking from experience, expect the worst and pray for the best.

Aceshigh

Don't you just love Bedford. Firing FO sounds just like that A@#hole. He'll kill CHQ look at the mess he left at Mesaba.

no disrespect intended, but isn't bedford responsible for a lot of the growth that went on at mesaba in the time that he was there? i mean, what exactly has that new guy done for you all since he took over? managed to pick up some more saab flying in mem while express cruises around in shiny new rj's?

or is it really nwa that's pulling all of the strings? just curious...

Yes Bedford did bring in alot of growth but then butted heads with NWA and left. Their was also a lot of pain involed especially with Heller being the SOC, lots of understaffing and junior maning and other scheduling crap! The new CEO, Paul Foley is just a puppet for NWA! He has straightend out a few things and keeps talking about bringing in growth and doing all of these other things but really is talking out both sides of his mouth!! You can never really get a straight answer from him with just a yes or no. NWA is also playing us and Express against each other with these new CRJ orders especially during our contract talks that are going on right now!

yeah, as i figured. i thought the only thing that Foley was good for was hitching rides on your AVRO's to his houses in Aspen and Westchester County...

Latest resources

Back